M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

ML 350 going crazy

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2013, 08:16 PM

Received 205 Likes on 132 Posts
SL 400
ML 350 going crazy

Hello all,

Have some issues with my 2006 ML 350. First the alarm stated going off randomly and also unlocking the doors, this was over the last two days. Had to leave the vehicle unlocked so it wouldn't trigger the alarm. Searched online and found threads pointing to a bad siren. Bad weather today so waiting until tomorrow to take a look.

Today while driving the ML randomly started making the door open light on dash/chime although all doors were closed. It seems to make the alert when we make a turn then goes back off. In addition to the above crap, the foot well light is dimly blinking (while parked) on and off and will not stop as well as the little spot light on the bottom of the rearview mirror will also not go off.

Since all this stuff started happening over the last 48 hours I am thinking they are connected. Any ideas at all be I take it to the dealer Monday? Before the last couple of days no problems like this at all.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-19-2013, 09:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'11 ML350
Originally Posted by ThatsMyDawg
Hello all,

Have some issues with my 2006 ML 350. First the alarm stated going off randomly and also unlocking the doors, this was over the last two days. Had to leave the vehicle unlocked so it wouldn't trigger the alarm. Searched online and found threads pointing to a bad siren. Bad weather today so waiting until tomorrow to take a look.

Today while driving the ML randomly started making the door open light on dash/chime although all doors were closed. It seems to make the alert when we make a turn then goes back off. In addition to the above crap, the foot well light is dimly blinking (while parked) on and off and will not stop as well as the little spot light on the bottom of the rearview mirror will also not go off.

Since all this stuff started happening over the last 48 hours I am thinking they are connected. Any ideas at all be I take it to the dealer Monday? Before the last couple of days no problems like this at all.

Thanks in advance.
Halloween is on the horizon. Maybe your garage is over an old Indian burial ground?
Old 10-22-2013, 10:04 PM

Received 205 Likes on 132 Posts
SL 400
Door sensor was bad, sending signal that the door is open which is causing lights to flicker on & off as if door was open as well as causing the alarm to sound.

All repaired, picking it back up tomorrow.