M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Thinking of changing to a 2008 facelift ml 280 CID sport

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2013 | 04:27 AM

s320
Thinking of changing to a 2008 facelift ml 280 CID sport

Hi there. Great forum.

I am thinking of trading in my s class w220 1999 (yes the first year of that shape). Before I go on, I have to say that the w220 has given me zero problems for 9 years. Absolutely amazing car. Which brings me on to why I am posting, I want to have a fairly trouble free life with my next car.

I have looked at a 2008 Mercedes-Benz M Class ML280 CDI Sport 5dr Tip Auto 3.0 and I have 2 big questions:

1. Is this a good model and year to go for (economical, reliable, good spec, etc)

2. One thing it lacks which I am not happy about is that it only has the audio 20 head unit and I want sat nav, bluetooth and iphone music connectivity. Is it straightforward enough to upgrade this?

Any thoughts on these 2 questions would be really appreciated.

I have looked around the forums and understand that in respect to question 2...comand upgrade should be possible. There seem to be a few aftermarket head units with more functionality coming to the market such as:

http://www.autocarplaza.com/car-dvd-...h-can-bus.html

Has anyone got any experience with these? Are they any good and easy sy to install (are they just plug n play or need wiring loom changes to pins, etc)?

Sincere thanks in advance