M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Just Purchased an ML350

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2014 | 09:54 PM

ML 350
Just Purchased an ML350

Hello everyone,

This is my new-to-me ML350. It's a 2009 and we've had it for about 3 weeks. I drive a lot for work so i can appreciate a comfortable, and safe, vehicle. One of the nice things about this vehicle is it fits well with my family and my wife likes too so she's all-in. I will post more pictures later once I detail her back into shape!

I've been reading the forum well before i purchased the car and, from the sounds of it, i will probably be here often as it seems the ML's have a way of nickle and dimming us to death. If it becomes too much of an issue, i'll just sell the car. If not, well, then, i will be driving around in a nice car. Either way i'm not too terribly concerned.

2009 ML350
1 owner local in Washington - full service record history
Premium 1 and 2
H/K Comand system
Leather package
20" wheels
Lighting package
HID Xenon lights
OEM hitch
Running boards
Keyless GO
Park Assist

Those are the primary features. I'm lucky enough to have found one loaded with the majority of options available. I do wish it had cooled seats and a panoramic sunroof (although i know they didnt make those for this car)

So far i had to replace the battery. Not sure why, but it just died for no reason and with no warning. Got a jumpstart and it ran totally fine. This leads me to my question. I feel like something might be draining the battery. I've noticed that when i shut the car off, that the hard drive?, in the SD card slot keeps running. It sounds like hard drive activity on a lap top but a bit less. I'm not talking about how the radio keeps playing when you turn the key off as i like this feature, it's the SD card slot once the car is off and door is open that makes noise. I'm just wondering if this is normal for the Comand system or could it be an issue?

Oh and i sure wish i could use the comand screen interface with my Android phone, ugh!! That part bites!!! what gives??

So far so good. The fuel milage isnt the best but i didnt buy for a fuel savings. The power is pretty weak but i didnt buy it for that either. I bought it because they look fricking awesome, they're comfortable as heck and it fits my family.

We have a Lexus GX470 as well and while that truck is sturdy and bulletproof, the features and enjoyment of the ML area just a bit better.

Anyhow, thanks for reading.

Bryce
Attached Thumbnails Just Purchased an ML350-ml350.jpg  

Last edited by Gridirongreat; 02-12-2014 at 12:13 AM.
Old 02-14-2014 | 08:45 AM

2009 ml 350 84K
Nice truck. Welcome to the forum.
My 09 ML350 doesn't make any noise when it's off so I don't know what's up..CD stuck?
Worst case you can find those on ebay. Make sure the trans fluid filter was changed. If you have an extended warranty great, but otherwise
Old 02-14-2014 | 07:40 PM

ML 350
Thanks for the feedback. Good thought on the CD being stuck, i do have 6 loaded in there. I noticed the noise comes on then off after listening closer to it.

Warranty is up but the vehicle is a one-owner and serviced at MB. Not sure if the trans filter has been replaced. I'll have to do some research to see what and when that is recommended. The truck has 66k on it now.

Thanks,
Bryce
Old 02-14-2014 | 10:03 PM

2006 ML 350 sold, 2014 Bluetec "Rudy"
Enjoy it and don't worry, I had an 06 and put 110,000 miles on it. Very few problems. Just got a new one because it was such a great vehicle. Hope you have a great experience!
Old 02-14-2014 | 10:23 PM

ML 350
Right on Phil, i hope you're loving your new ML. So far i'm super happy with mine as well. I'm still learning things about this car and really need to read the COMAND user guide. I've pretty much read the vehicle owners manual but yet to tap into the technology piece.

Bryce
Old 02-15-2014 | 12:21 PM

2009 ml 350 84K
I'm doing my own plugs this year at 60k.
At least that's what the manual says to do.
I do the brake fluid every 2 years.
Filters whenever...
The cheaper filters I change more often.

Old 02-15-2014 | 02:24 PM

ML350
Originally Posted by Gridirongreat
Hello everyone,

This is my new-to-me ML350. It's a 2009 and we've had it for about 3 weeks. I drive a lot for work so i can appreciate a comfortable, and safe, vehicle. One of the nice things about this vehicle is it fits well with my family and my wife likes too so she's all-in. I will post more pictures later once I detail her back into shape!

I've been reading the forum well before i purchased the car and, from the sounds of it, i will probably be here often as it seems the ML's have a way of nickle and dimming us to death. If it becomes too much of an issue, i'll just sell the car. If not, well, then, i will be driving around in a nice car. Either way i'm not too terribly concerned.

2009 ML350
1 owner local in Washington - full service record history
Premium 1 and 2
H/K Comand system
Leather package
20" wheels
Lighting package
HID Xenon lights
OEM hitch
Running boards
Keyless GO
Park Assist

Those are the primary features. I'm lucky enough to have found one loaded with the majority of options available. I do wish it had cooled seats and a panoramic sunroof (although i know they didnt make those for this car)

So far i had to replace the battery. Not sure why, but it just died for no reason and with no warning. Got a jumpstart and it ran totally fine. This leads me to my question. I feel like something might be draining the battery. I've noticed that when i shut the car off, that the hard drive?, in the SD card slot keeps running. It sounds like hard drive activity on a lap top but a bit less. I'm not talking about how the radio keeps playing when you turn the key off as i like this feature, it's the SD card slot once the car is off and door is open that makes noise. I'm just wondering if this is normal for the Comand system or could it be an issue?

Oh and i sure wish i could use the comand screen interface with my Android phone, ugh!! That part bites!!! what gives??

So far so good. The fuel milage isnt the best but i didnt buy for a fuel savings. The power is pretty weak but i didnt buy it for that either. I bought it because they look fricking awesome, they're comfortable as heck and it fits my family.

We have a Lexus GX470 as well and while that truck is sturdy and bulletproof, the features and enjoyment of the ML area just a bit better.

Anyhow, thanks for reading.

Bryce

awesome.
glad to see another Lexus owner buying a Mercedes. My only word of advice: don't get dragged into the service a, b, etc Read the details and pick and choose the items that are required, and you feel are worthy of. That is the biggest difference between Lexus and Mercedes service. The MB guys literally try to scare you into doing all that is listed, and charge you an arm and a leg for it. Additionally, they do not remove the service indicator which stays on annoyingly so. But there is a youtube video that explains how to.

good luck.
Old 02-15-2014 | 02:59 PM

ML 350
Originally Posted by chikoo
awesome.
glad to see another Lexus owner buying a Mercedes. My only word of advice: don't get dragged into the service a, b, etc Read the details and pick and choose the items that are required, and you feel are worthy of. That is the biggest difference between Lexus and Mercedes service. The MB guys literally try to scare you into doing all that is listed, and charge you an arm and a leg for it. Additionally, they do not remove the service indicator which stays on annoyingly so. But there is a youtube video that explains how to.

good luck.

Thanks Chikoo, that was my line of thinking as well. I actually have a pretty good indy in town that i think will be doing the services that i can't. Just say know to scare tactics!
Old 02-15-2014 | 03:01 PM

ML 350
Originally Posted by cburda
I'm doing my own plugs this year at 60k.
At least that's what the manual says to do.
I do the brake fluid every 2 years.
Filters whenever...
The cheaper filters I change more often.

Thanks for the tips! I found a Youtube video which guided me through the air filter change. I checked them out and they are very clean. I just ordered some cabin filters as those weren't so clean. I'll be changing them in a couple of days.

Not sure if i can do the plugs but i'm getting a quote on them next week. It's time for them to be changed.

Thanks for the tip on the brake fluid!