M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

City/Parking Lights are driving me crazy!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2014 | 10:46 AM

2019 S560 Maybach
Originally Posted by Gridirongreat
Installed the LED side marker lights tonight. I replaced the amber bulb with a bright white but that was still too yellow'ish. AZN Optics suggested I install the V3s and that is what I did and I'm totally digging the clean, white look. Other than the fogs, I'm all done now.
Looking real good!

I just read what was talked about in your previous post. The V3s were a better fit than the V4. I agree with your comment on the design aspect. I felt like I could mess it up by bumping the light against the hole in the headlights and messing up the resistor there. However, I was more confident with the V3 installation, as they seemed to be more sturdy.

This might help others with their install:
I spent a good amount of time and shining a light through the hole of the headlight from the outside to guide the LED in like a surgeon performing an open heart operation. It made it easier to find the hole without bumping into anything.
I guess if the base of the LED were to be wider at the resistor, stopping it from going in too far, the issue would be resolved. But I too am hoping that I got it just right.

Gridirongreat, I definitely am on board with you trying to replace the fog lights (Only part of the puzzle left in operation all bright white lights). I was looking at the Osram Sylvania ones, I think that's the OEM brand, but was not sure what bulb I have.
I read up that some people have H7 and others have H11 or even the H8... I have the same fog lights that you do (the oval adaptive curve lighting) and was wondering if you could enlighten me as to which one I need to get.
Old 06-27-2014 | 12:37 PM

ML 350
Originally Posted by SunnyT
Looking real good!

I just read what was talked about in your previous post. The V3s were a better fit than the V4. I agree with your comment on the design aspect. I felt like I could mess it up by bumping the light against the hole in the headlights and messing up the resistor there. However, I was more confident with the V3 installation, as they seemed to be more sturdy.

This might help others with their install:
I spent a good amount of time and shining a light through the hole of the headlight from the outside to guide the LED in like a surgeon performing an open heart operation. It made it easier to find the hole without bumping into anything.
I guess if the base of the LED were to be wider at the resistor, stopping it from going in too far, the issue would be resolved. But I too am hoping that I got it just right.

Gridirongreat, I definitely am on board with you trying to replace the fog lights (Only part of the puzzle left in operation all bright white lights). I was looking at the Osram Sylvania ones, I think that's the OEM brand, but was not sure what bulb I have.
I read up that some people have H7 and others have H11 or even the H8... I have the same fog lights that you do (the oval adaptive curve lighting) and was wondering if you could enlighten me as to which one I need to get.

Hi Sunny, thank you. I'm satisfied with the results. I used the same technique when installing these. It helped to use the flashlight so I could better guide the LED through the opening into the light housing.

I was recommended to use this kind of bulb for the fogs but have no other experience or recommendations beyond this: Philips Diamond Visions

Thanks!
Old 09-28-2014 | 07:18 AM

Mercedes W164 320 Cdi 4Matic 224hp
Its possible to change the fog lights for White led??? It Lois a lot nicer with the hid.

My ml have Cornering lights, still work with led???