M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

1st MB in my life

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2014 | 12:21 AM

Ml 350
1st MB in my life

Hi!
everybody, I am new to this forum and want to introduce myself. I am in the market for my wife SUV. I am a big fan of BMW in past 20 years. But last week went to dealer to test drive a X5 35i and I saw a beautiful ML350 4matic park on the side. My wife told me to test drive and see the difference. WOW! I love it! I can tell that MB built quality is so amazing. I start to feel disappointed with the way BMW built quality on late models. They not the same like e39 and e38 anymore. anyway, I felt in love with the way MB built, drive and feel now. i want ML350 . I'm interested in CDI about mileage, but I had a mix reviews about reliability. I never have a diesel engine car before. My previous BMWs were all gas engine. I would like to ask you guys opinions about ML350 CDI and Gas engine.

thank you so much
Old 05-19-2014 | 09:39 PM

'11 ml 350
I'm new to MB too but figured I'd give you my 2cents.
Coming from an '05 x3, I appreciate the more comfortable ride of the ml350. I've had my vehicle only about 2 months now, the battery was replaced under warranty and I just put a new set of tires on it. As someone hit the rear passenger bumper causing damage to the side brake light and trunk chrome sill plate and peeled paint it has had collision repair to the tune of over $2600! In my short time with this truck my purse has been hit hard, BUT, it rides well ( new tires), has better gas mileage than my X3, has nice feature comforts that make the work commute pleasant. Build quality surprisingly is not as top notch as you would expect but it's more of a nitpicking of some interior finishings is all.

Don't know if this gives you much insight into the vehicle, but I am happy with my purchase all in all. Hopefully others can share more info.
Old 05-21-2014 | 10:02 PM

Ml 350
Originally Posted by flo45
I'm new to MB too but figured I'd give you my 2cents.
Coming from an '05 x3, I appreciate the more comfortable ride of the ml350. I've had my vehicle only about 2 months now, the battery was replaced under warranty and I just put a new set of tires on it. As someone hit the rear passenger bumper causing damage to the side brake light and trunk chrome sill plate and peeled paint it has had collision repair to the tune of over $2600! In my short time with this truck my purse has been hit hard, BUT, it rides well ( new tires), has better gas mileage than my X3, has nice feature comforts that make the work commute pleasant. Build quality surprisingly is not as top notch as you would expect but it's more of a nitpicking of some interior finishings is all.

Don't know if this gives you much insight into the vehicle, but I am happy with my purchase all in all. Hopefully others can share more info.
thanks,
first i thought about 2013 X3, but for the same price ML 350 drive and built a lot better. but now I have to start shopping for extended warranty.
thanks again