M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

ML63 wont start after accident

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2014, 02:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ML
If you want to make the exhaust sound better start off by removing the resonators. If you are still not satisfied continue with the mufflers or start with the mufflers and then resonators. If you are still not satisfied change the cats or remove them too. If you do all of the above your ML would be heard from a mile. Check this m3
followed by 0:38 - 1:10

Last edited by Borko; 08-24-2014 at 02:42 PM.
Old 09-21-2014, 06:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 Mercedes ML 350
Question

How is the project coming along ?
Old 10-12-2014, 10:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e320 ml350 xk jag
Did you get to the bottom of why the car would not start,i have one with exactly the same problem following a front end crash.

Bob
Old 06-09-2015, 02:51 AM

Mercedes ml63
ML63 repair process

Hello, sorry i havent been able to post for a while. The ML63 as i speak is still in the repair process. Its been almost a year lol, the reason for taking so long is that all the parts i have purchased are all new and genuine mercedes parts. They took a long time to arrive not mention pricey but worth it. All the parts i ordered came from Germany from mercedes-benz. Parts included, lights, radiator, rad mounts, oil cooler, steering pump, ac condenser, engine intake, front bumper, grille, hood, hood latches and assembly, etc. The car is almost finished and she should be back on the road by the end of the month. I plan to take out mufflers and maybe resonators, but as of right now almost all mechanical work is done and body is work is still remaining. I will try my best to keep you guys posted. Cheers!
Old 06-09-2015, 02:56 AM

2006 Mercedes ML 350
I meant to ask for the last few month
Great that the project is still alive !

Last edited by beerj; 06-09-2015 at 01:07 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-09-2015, 09:43 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 ML320 CDI
Yeah, otherwise known as an "inertia switch". Sometimes, it's as simple as pushing a button.
Old 06-13-2015, 12:18 AM

Mercedes ml63
Repair process ML63

Hello, well as the process is still on going for the the repair of the ML63, its going alright. As i stated in previous post the mechanical work is almost complete. Almost all damaged pieces have been replaced which includes radiator, oil cooler ac condenser steering wheel pump, and new pulley and engine snorkels. The rest of the work has to be done lol. i have changed the oil and other fluids, so brake fluid, power steering fluid, oil which is MB certfied 8100 X-cess 5W-40 or certification code 229.5. Mercedes brand coolant and transmission fluid. Anyways yesterday while i was working on the ml63 i noticed that the bumper has 2 large oval shaped slots, (not parking sensors or tow hook cover.) and an rectangular slot on the underside of the bumper aswell. Not 100% what they are for, so if anyone could tell me that would much appreciated thanks i think it might be for a split camera senor or something that and the 2 oval slots cruise control not sure though. Anyways i ordered a few other components aswell. so i hope they arrive soon. This is is kinda irrelevant to this project though i would like your opinion, as the trend is going right now, NA engines are going away,and the only one in merecdes lineup for AMG is slk55 amg. New AMG GT is turbo for the road car but is NA for its track variant. Also in the last few days the G7 met together and planning to cut fossil fuel by 40-70% by 2050 and 100% by 2100, this is very sad i know. Also irrelevant to this forum but audi is working on e fuel made carbon and other components. (here is a link http://www.audi.com/corporate/en/cor...i-e-fuels.html ) Anyways this synthetic fuel gives hope the future of the engine(kinda have my hopes pinned on audi ).Anyways, do you think may make a new NA engine in future or is this the last of a dying breed? (sorry its kinda long, but this kinda hurt hearing this, i mean we love supercars and see them go away because regulations would be heart breaking anyways will keep you guys posted on the progress of the ML63.

Cheers!
Old 08-16-2016, 02:24 PM

CLK 55 ///AMG Cabrio, ML63 ///AMG
Would love to see pics.
Originally Posted by shinystorm0
Hello, well as the process is still on going for the the repair of the ML63, its going alright. As i stated in previous post the mechanical work is almost complete. Almost all damaged pieces have been replaced which includes radiator, oil cooler ac condenser steering wheel pump, and new pulley and engine snorkels. The rest of the work has to be done lol. i have changed the oil and other fluids, so brake fluid, power steering fluid, oil which is MB certfied 8100 X-cess 5W-40 or certification code 229.5. Mercedes brand coolant and transmission fluid. Anyways yesterday while i was working on the ml63 i noticed that the bumper has 2 large oval shaped slots, (not parking sensors or tow hook cover.) and an rectangular slot on the underside of the bumper aswell. Not 100% what they are for, so if anyone could tell me that would much appreciated thanks i think it might be for a split camera senor or something that and the 2 oval slots cruise control not sure though. Anyways i ordered a few other components aswell. so i hope they arrive soon. This is is kinda irrelevant to this project though i would like your opinion, as the trend is going right now, NA engines are going away,and the only one in merecdes lineup for AMG is slk55 amg. New AMG GT is turbo for the road car but is NA for its track variant. Also in the last few days the G7 met together and planning to cut fossil fuel by 40-70% by 2050 and 100% by 2100, this is very sad i know. Also irrelevant to this forum but audi is working on e fuel made carbon and other components. (here is a link http://www.audi.com/corporate/en/cor...i-e-fuels.html ) Anyways this synthetic fuel gives hope the future of the engine(kinda have my hopes pinned on audi ).Anyways, do you think may make a new NA engine in future or is this the last of a dying breed? (sorry its kinda long, but this kinda hurt hearing this, i mean we love supercars and see them go away because regulations would be heart breaking anyways will keep you guys posted on the progress of the ML63.

Cheers!