M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

PLEASE HELP, ML350 Just Died While Driving

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2014 | 04:19 PM

2007 ML350
PLEASE HELP, ML350 Just Died While Driving

First off let me say hello, and thanks in advance for any help. I have a 2007 ML350, 116,000 miles on it. Was running perfect till 2 days ago. Around 8-9pm i was driving home, doing about 60mph, when all of a sudden the truck just started to slowly lose power, the more i stepped on the gas, the more it started to bogg down, then just eventually stalled, leaving me stranded with no place to pull over and stopping traffic till a tow truck came.

At the time this happened, i had less then 1/4 tank of gas, and the light was on so i assumed it just could be gas, but put about 5 gallons in it, its at 1/4 tank now, and still nothing.

My first assumption was the crank position sensor, so i replaced it yesterday and still nothing, all it does it crank. I checked the fuel rail and I'm dead dry, no gas coming up to the fuel rail.

I check #57 fuse in the rear fuse box which is the fuel pump fuse and I'm getting power there on both contacts while cranking.

As far as the fuel pump relay goes, with the ignition on this is the volts I'm getting

Basically if you were looking at the relay pins, this is what i got:

--- -0v
--- -11.92v
l l -11.94v -3.49v

I haven't taken the Panel off yet to access the fuel pump, but this is where i stand as of now. I haven't tried to jump anything yet as I'm unsure what to jump.

Anybody have a suggestion? Any help is GREATLY appreciated. My next assumption is the fuel pump went out. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Mathmatixx; 10-25-2014 at 06:21 PM.