M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Service Manual & Service B for 2007 ML320 CDI [Urgent]

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 04:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In the market
Service Manual & Service B for 2007 ML320 CDI [Urgent]

Hey everyone,

I just recently got an ML320 CDI so that I could do some long roadtrips without having to put a lot of miles on my other car.

It's a 2007 so obviously used - yesterday I receive a notification that I'm due for Service B. This surprised me because I was told that the car had received all of its proper maintenance and was given a receipt that said the car had received a full service synthetic as well as a check over the entire car including its differential fluid, transmission fluid, and had other fluid checks.

Do I still need to go in for Service B? I was told I didn't need to but I'd rather trust you guys.

Unfortunately the car didn't come with its books so I downloaded them but I cannot find a Service Manual, which makes me really skeptical. I can take the car as soon as possible. As of now the Service is 2 days overdue. I'd like to get this taken car of asap. Thanks for your help!
Old 03-30-2015, 06:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'09 ML550
Service B is basically an oil change and check a few things. If the service that was done was not done by a Mercedes dealer, they may have omitted to reset the service indicator. You can do it yourself -- there's a thread near this one titled "Clearing the maintenance service indicator".

Here's the service book. Thanks to chikoo.
http://www.mbusa.com/vcm/MB/DigitalA...ce-Booklet.pdf
Old 03-31-2015, 06:39 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2008 ML320CDI
The maintenance reminder on the vehicle goes from A to F, Service B is only referring to the number of hour needed to complete the service. A=1 B=2 c=3 etc. You didnt state how many miles are on the ML. It could be just an oil change and Brake Fluid Flush, or Oil change and Cabin Filters. Some items are time based as well as Mileage based. Follow the link in previous post and compare what records you have vs what mileage you are at. Most MB dealer go with what they call their A and B service. A being an oil change or minor service every 10K, plus any additional items and B service being every20K plus additional items as required by service manual. It does get confusing.
Old 04-01-2015, 12:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In the market
Thank you both a ton for the quick responses!

I downloaded the service manual and looked it over (thanks to both roadrutz and chikoo), and just like 06e320cdi said it was some minor items plus some additional requirements. Luckily, I looked over the receipt and checked everything off so we're solid there.