M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

AVIN Avant-2 review for 2006 ML 350

Old 04-07-2015, 10:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 ML 350
AVIN Avant-2 review for 2006 ML 350

I have recently purchased and had installed a AVIN unit. I am very pleased with my unit. I totally agree with you that there customer service is second to none. Tommy is indeed the man. He has been there with me every step of the way and answered all of my questions quickly. I have a video on you tube @ this link. Check it out and see for yourself.

The Bluetooth works well. I decided to go with the external mic. Tommy sent me an external mic and it works like a charm with no issues.

My iPod connects well with the unit and I am able to play my music with no issues.

I also use the usb connection to play music through the portable drive and it is also very clear.

I had the MOST interface unit installed as well and I am making great use of my factory amp and Harman Kardon speakers and it sounds great.

I also use Sygic for my navigation. Tommy gave me some sites to look over that I could choose other options for navigation if I chose to do so.

I am satisfied that AVIN has come out with a unit that works very well.
Old 04-10-2015, 06:08 PM

ML 350
Curious as to how much for the equipment and for installation. It looks great!!!! Any other feedback??
Old 04-16-2015, 02:20 PM

2006 ML 350
The unit itself was $800 and I paid $ 150 for the CANBUS unit to integrate into my factory speakers and amp. Paid $ 100 for the install. I felt it was worth it for everything that I got with the system. In fact, my local installer said that he felt that I got a great deal on the system because he has had folks ask him about systems like this one and this was the best one that he had seen that did everything like I described. Sorry about the late response, been on vacation.
Old 02-08-2019, 03:07 AM

2009 ml 350
Originally Posted by kjeezy sr
I have recently purchased and had installed a AVIN unit. I am very pleased with my unit. I totally agree with you that there customer service is second to none. Tommy is indeed the man. He has been there with me every step of the way and answered all of my questions quickly. I have a video on you tube @ this link. Check it out and see for yourself.

The Bluetooth works well. I decided to go with the external mic. Tommy sent me an external mic and it works like a charm with no issues.

My iPod connects well with the unit and I am able to play my music with no issues.

I also use the usb connection to play music through the portable drive and it is also very clear.

I had the MOST interface unit installed as well and I am making great use of my factory amp and Harman Kardon speakers and it sounds great.

I also use Sygic for my navigation. Tommy gave me some sites to look over that I could choose other options for navigation if I chose to do so.

I am satisfied that AVIN has come out with a unit that works very well.
Which pinout us for power antenna wire? I have a 2009 ml350 and can't find wiring diagram anywhere. Thx in advance