M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

SRS Light Constantly Blows Fuse

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 09:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 ML 350
SRS Light Constantly Blows Fuse

The SRS lights in my 2008 ML350 came on about a month ago, driver alert message said, "Left front malfunction, right front malfunction". took it to an independent shop who used the star scanner and said there was an error from both headrests and that a sensor was bad. Both headrests were replaced at a cost of over $800 since I viewed it as a safety issue and my wife primarily drives the car with the kids. The light went off and stayed that way for about 5 days. it came back on and they had no idea why. They called in a Mercedes expert who tested the system and re programmed everything. The light went off for about two weeks and came back on. I took it back to the shop and they said a fuse was blown, the 7.5amp fuse in the cargo compartment. The light went off for about two weeks and came back on, the car went back to the shop and they said it was the fuse again. They replaced and recommended I go to Mercedes because this will most likely happen again. It did happen again tonight, I replaced the fuse and the light is off. My question is, has anyone else experienced this problem? I think I paid $800 for a fuse, however simply replacing the fuse appears to be only a temporary fix and is treating the symptoms and not the problem. All feedback welcomed and appreciated.
The following users liked this post:
hollyt (05-12-2022)
Old 08-19-2015, 02:11 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
GLK 250 2012, C200 2012
$800 you would by a Star computer yourself and got the problem fixed at less price
Old 05-12-2022, 12:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 E350
Whatever happened with this?

I know this was an old post but I have this same issue. Whatever happened? What was the fix?

Originally Posted by spicoli55
The SRS lights in my 2008 ML350 came on about a month ago, driver alert message said, "Left front malfunction, right front malfunction". took it to an independent shop who used the star scanner and said there was an error from both headrests and that a sensor was bad. Both headrests were replaced at a cost of over $800 since I viewed it as a safety issue and my wife primarily drives the car with the kids. The light went off and stayed that way for about 5 days. it came back on and they had no idea why. They called in a Mercedes expert who tested the system and re programmed everything. The light went off for about two weeks and came back on. I took it back to the shop and they said a fuse was blown, the 7.5amp fuse in the cargo compartment. The light went off for about two weeks and came back on, the car went back to the shop and they said it was the fuse again. They replaced and recommended I go to Mercedes because this will most likely happen again. It did happen again tonight, I replaced the fuse and the light is off. My question is, has anyone else experienced this problem? I think I paid $800 for a fuse, however simply replacing the fuse appears to be only a temporary fix and is treating the symptoms and not the problem. All feedback welcomed and appreciated.
Old 05-12-2022, 01:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 754 Likes on 702 Posts
2002 ML 320 & 2006 ML500
Hollyt, the original poster did so 7 yrs ago and has never posted again.
Old 07-13-2022, 10:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 mercedes C250
Originally Posted by hollyt
I know this was an old post but I have this same issue. Whatever happened? What was the fix?
I had same issue. My car is in shop. They are replacing both headrests, but only the drivers side deployed. Cost is 750. My drivers headrest popped/deployed while I was driving No collision . I replaced fuse. It worked for awhile then popped again. Dealer says the airbag light came on, because something in the headrest mechanism thinks car was in a collision. Only option is trip to dealer or a shop that specializes in Mercedes. Hope this helps.
Old 07-13-2022, 05:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 208 Likes on 185 Posts
'07 GL320CDI, '10 CL550
There is not a fuse associated exclusively with the light bulb.

the fuse blows because there is a short circuit somewhere in the SRS system.

use diagnostic tools to investigate.