M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Audible alarm with indicator.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2016, 10:22 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2006 ML500
Audible alarm with indicator.

I have a small red led light that sticks out of my console down by my feet right at the seem. This is part of the console that covers all the area behind the ashtray, nav screen, comfort system, etc...just above & forward of the accelerator pedal. It flashes when some beeping happens intermittently. I get nothing on the info center or any dash (dummy) lights illuminate. I am 80 days over a service C message but fell it has nothing to do with that. Some days it will not beep & flash at all. Any thoughts as I have a service scheduled next week & would like some idea of what this might be. Thanks.
Old 10-09-2016, 08:07 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2006 ML500
Originally Posted by Spartydano
I have a small red led light that sticks out of my console down by my feet right at the seem. This is part of the console that covers all the area behind the ashtray, nav screen, comfort system, etc...just above & forward of the accelerator pedal. It flashes when some beeping happens intermittently. I get nothing on the info center or any dash (dummy) lights illuminate. I am 80 days over a service C message but fell it has nothing to do with that. Some days it will not beep & flash at all. Any thoughts as I have a service scheduled next week & would like some idea of what this might be. Thanks.
Found that this was remnants of a radar detector/jammer. Not sure why the audible signal would go off at various times not being hooked up to a display module of any kind, but it's been removed.