M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

ML280cdi - Heaters wont turn off feet!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 07:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes M Class
ML280cdi - Heaters wont turn off feet!!

Hi guys,

I recently bought a 2007 ml280cdi sport, love the car but don't think electrics are upto much! Anyway when I bought the car the drivers temp knob wouldn't turn down so had the full control unit replaced under warranty and believe its quite common. Since then I have noticed that the blowers for my feet wont turn off when I select the button (annoying in summer using aircon). had it back into them several time to diagnose and they said it was a faulty stepper/blend motor which is a dash out and £1000 to replace but since its last trip in all the buttons now do odd things like direction button for the air going to the windscreen makes the heat go full etc but they said this is due to it being confused as the control unit isn't getting the right signals back with the faulty unit and it is trying to compensate for it. is this true and can any of you back this up before I have to get my wallet out! Cheers
Old 10-26-2016, 08:10 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,040 Likes on 964 Posts
1999 E300TD
I am assuming you purchased the car from an MB dealer--if that is the case they would have used their diagnostic tools to confirm a bad control module and flap motor---if they did--get a second job and go with their diagnosis!!