M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Electrical Gremlins...rear tail light always going out, backup camera is flaky

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2016 | 05:58 PM

2006 E55 Wagon, 2009 G55, 2019 GLE350
Electrical Gremlins...rear tail light always going out, backup camera is flaky

07 ML350, been great to me so far, minus a few minor nuisances.

Rear tail light bulb
This thing wants to go out all the time. Initially it was the bulb, so I replaced it. Then it went out again in 2 months. Replaced the bulb again, lasted another 2 months. Figured it might be the bulb socket, and everytime I tamper with it, the bulb works until I drive for a few minutes then it goes out. Just replaced the bulb socket (thinking it might be defective), and the same issue happened. I'm gonna assume now its the contact between the socket and board. Anyone else deal with this or a similar issue?

Backup Camera
Goes out (when I need it the most), mostly on very hot days in LA. Anyone know of a fix?
Old 12-28-2016 | 02:05 PM

2007 ML350 4Matic
I have a 2007 ML350 and the ML's or this era are notorious for this issue! There is a problem with the rear light assembly's getting water or moisture in them and causing rust and corrosion between the connection of the light bulb and electricity... Mercedes sells a part the correct this and you might be able to get it at your Local MB stealership (they steal your money lol) and either DIY or have the dealerships fix it... be ware and make sure ur bulbs are really going out... used to throw away bulbs when they were perfectly fine....