M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Turbo question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2017, 04:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes ML320 CDI 2006
Turbo question

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help please?
I have had turbo actuator problems since I got my W164 and the previous owner said he had it diagnosed at MB as the waste gate or vnt were sticking and recommended a replacement turbo, which led to him selling the car.

I have owned the car for over twelve months and this week decided to fit a new turbo, when I had done and started the engine the engine check light came on and I noticed that the actuator arm was in the fully up position.
Straight away I called the turbo company and they suggested bringing it to them so they could put their test machine on it to make sure its okay.
I took it to them and they tested it and it passed all of the motion tests etc and I saw it with my own eyes, yet they plugged the loom back in and the arm went back to the raised position....

Then when I got home I disconnected the actuator and plugged the old one in, switched the ignition on and NOTHING!!
So I suspect either there is a fault with the actuator plug, the wiring or the ecu?

Can anyone tell me the location of the turbo ecu and what the voltage is going to the actuator, that way I am hoping I can check power is coming out of the ecu and make sure the loom is okay etc

Any help would be much appreciated

apologies for the long description....