M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

ML63 AMG backfire,pops,crackles and burbles help needed!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 05:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML63 AMG 2013
ML63 AMG backfire,pops,crackles and burbles help needed!

So I recently bought a ML63 AMG 2013 Performance Package and I am looking into modding the exhaust of the car! So for the past couple of weeks i have been watching videos on the internet but unfortunately I can't find anything that sounds even close to what i am looking for and that is to make the car crackle and pop and burble when i downshift while driving in manual mode! I am lucky sometimes and get that crackle every now and then but it is very rare! So my question is What do i need to do exactly to be able to get that exhaust sound like that! I know its not only the exhaust some people say its a software thing ECU controlled backfire with a combination of the exhaust! I also saw a few videos of people deleting the resonator but its had to tell if the car actually crackles and pops cuz of the poor quality !

I saw this video on youtube of some guy that has a C63 AMG

I would like to get a similar sound not exactly but close to that !
I would be more than greatful for some help or suggestion on what i need to do exactly!

Thanks Ed
Old 07-09-2017, 08:06 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2008 C63, 2008 ML550, 2014 KTM 500 XC W, John Deere 990
I know exactly what you are talking about. I have a C63 that sounds just like that. You need a high flow intake setup and not the carbon filters I believe the ML63 comes with. You also need to be in manual with ESP OFF. You may also need the C63 exhaust setup as I think it is unique to the C63. Also, there is a programmed throttle blip that may require a chip tune.

Ok, I just watched the video and that sounds awful. Most of that popping noise is from the turbo pull. Mine has a much more refined sound.

Last edited by Euler; 07-09-2017 at 08:12 PM.
Old 07-09-2017, 08:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML63 AMG 2013
Originally Posted by Euler
I know exactly what you are talking about. I have a C63 that sounds just like that. You need a high flow intake setup and not the carbon filters I believe the ML63 comes with. You also need to be in manual with ESP OFF. You may also need the C63 exhaust setup as I think it is unique to the C63. Also, there is a programmed throttle blip that may require a chip tune.

Ok, I just watched the video and that sounds awful. Most of that popping noise is from the turbo pull. Mine has a much more refined sound.

I was thinking of deleting resonator and secondary cats! Do you have any idea where can I get my car tuned with a throttle blip do you think MB does it ?