M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

ABS, ESP and Active light System inop

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2024 | 06:26 PM

2006 ML320 CDI (2 of) and 2008 GL320
Originally Posted by Ianmway
Active light is a bit confusing,

I think on my car (2005 ML W164 500) it's where the head lights move slightly left or right when cornering to illuminate the bend better (even checked the car's user manual, but it didn't have anything other than about error messages). The active light error resets it's self when the car is restarted but comes back on when you reach 40 MPH-ish, which fits with some other post I've read. My care also illuminates the corresponding fog light when cornering, this is still working fine.

I've got the Icarsoft MBII so I'm able to clear the codes and carry out some diagnostics.

Lets see what Saturday brings, I'll post up the result.

Thanks again.
I assume that the active lighting would use the steering wheel angle sensor. Maybe check live data and see what the steering wheel angle comes up as. The steering angle sensor is also used for the asc (but not abs)
Old 05-15-2024 | 11:52 PM

W164 ML500 2006
Originally Posted by Ianmway
I know it was a long time ago but did you get to the bottom of the Active light error as I have that same problem, ABS front left code and the active light error?

Thanks
i did indeed. Maj. Dundee led me to understand that the compatibility is not as per ecstuning understanding. The reference that they had possibly was limited to US models I guess. I could not find the exact part Number on US websites. I ended up finding the exact part number as removed from the car from Aliexpress. And for a fraction of the cost as well.

All the issues then gone. Never came back. Coming from Brunei, our imports are from euro markets I guess. Mine also had active headlights.
Old 05-18-2024 | 06:57 AM

ML500 2005
Originally Posted by Jefri Yahya
i did indeed. Maj. Dundee led me to understand that the compatibility is not as per ecstuning understanding. The reference that they had possibly was limited to US models I guess. I could not find the exact part Number on US websites. I ended up finding the exact part number as removed from the car from Aliexpress. And for a fraction of the cost as well.

All the issues then gone. Never came back. Coming from Brunei, our imports are from euro markets I guess. Mine also had active headlights.
Cheers all,

You would think, things like speed sensors would be the same world wide???

Just installed the Sensor BREMI 50669 as per previous post and same here, cleared the codes, took for a test drive and all good.

The active head lights must be controlled by both the steering angle and speed, which when you think about it, makes sense.

Thanks all, till the next time.

Last edited by Ianmway; 05-18-2024 at 07:02 AM.