M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Command issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2019, 09:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009ml 550
Command issues

Hello I need some help befroe I take my car to the dealer and suffer the consequences, ok here goes I boutgh my 2009 Ml550 about a week ago , the seller mentioned thata the radio doesn't work ,and it will need a radio module ,this he says is what the dealer told him ,but to me it doesn't make sense, ok so I bought a module after I checked all fuses and connections and still nothing ,but very faintly I see the screen flickering the model has the fiber optic system which has the navi included, can any help me with some type of knowledge on how to get the command system working ??
Old 06-29-2019, 03:12 AM

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Mercedes R320L CDI 4MATIC 2007
If the radio would appear to be broken i would recommend to get android stereo system instead of fixing the original. This android system is much better, more functions and it is more modern than the original. There are stereos like this which are made to fit the specific car dash and does not differ much from the original. And it is cheaper as well. I have got one myself, i have R class merc, but i am sure there are units for your model as well.
If you would consider it i can look for the link to these stereos.
Old 06-29-2019, 05:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009ml 550
Originally Posted by virgisr
If the radio would appear to be broken i would recommend to get android stereo system instead of fixing the original. This android system is much better, more functions and it is more modern than the original. There are stereos like this which are made to fit the specific car dash and does not differ much from the original. And it is cheaper as well. I have got one myself, i have R class merc, but i am sure there are units for your model as well.
If you would consider it i can look for the link to these stereos.
Hi
I was wondering when I but the android head unit, does it bypass the reprogram process
Old 06-29-2019, 06:06 PM

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Mercedes R320L CDI 4MATIC 2007
Originally Posted by Curtis Bacchus
Hi
I was wondering when I but the android head unit, does it bypass the reprogram process
When i fitted the unit it just was just plug and play. Did not have to worry about any reprogramming.