M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Head unit illumination

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2020, 04:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ml320cdi
Head unit illumination

Hello everyone. I have just installed a new head unit using a quad lock extension cable so i don’t have to interfere with the factory wiring. This will allow me to return the original head unit should it be required. I am happy with the sound of the new system and am particularly happy to have Apple CarPlay now.

However I have got one thing wrong. It’s the illumination control, which is not working. I have clearly not connected this correctly. Does anyone know the correct pin or cable colour for the factory illumination control on the comand head unit on a 2006 ML 320CDI?
many thanks for your time reading this!

John
Old 08-13-2020, 10:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ml320cdi
Wow, considering how many of you have change head unit, I thought this would be an easy one. It seems not. Oh well, I connected the illumination lead to the 12 accessory socket illumination instead and it's working fine. Thought I would mention it in case someone else is stuck. It's a shame that I had to 'damage' the internal wires of the car for such a simple thing, having spent ages avoiding breaking into the existing leads.