M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

which one.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2021 | 03:40 PM

ML 550, G55, Honda Pilot
which one.....

‘’drive to work shop w/o shifting gears’’. Message displays on a ml5550, and tried to pull the codes up on a handheld scanner tool someone thought would have worked. It did not work, and i am still working to find a cheap one to read and clear the codes, and was wondering why anyone would clear the codes? Would that now make the ML want to start, because the vehicle wont start either.

Right before this, the vehicle was beeping and noticed the battery was dead.

other than a MB MECH.. STAR TOOl, WHAT IS THE CHEAPEST TOOL AVAILABLE tp read, and clear the codes in a store like autozone or walmart, or advanced auto or that I can pick up today from a retail store. Where you might have found one that worked by going to store and buying one of the shelves, and it was under fifty bucks?
Old 12-01-2021 | 06:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 ML 320 & 2006 ML500
This one if you have a high tech. cell phone.

Was the Inst. Cluster message RED or White?

Amazon Amazon
Old 12-11-2021 | 02:25 PM

S320 CDI W220
Au

Originally Posted by silverarrowsAMG
‘’drive to work shop w/o shifting gears’’. Message displays on a ml5550, and tried to pull the codes up on a handheld scanner tool someone thought would have worked. It did not work, and i am still working to find a cheap one to read and clear the codes, and was wondering why anyone would clear the codes? Would that now make the ML want to start, because the vehicle wont start either.

Right before this, the vehicle was beeping and noticed the battery was dead.

other than a MB MECH.. STAR TOOl, WHAT IS THE CHEAPEST TOOL AVAILABLE tp read, and clear the codes in a store like autozone or walmart, or advanced auto or that I can pick up today from a retail store. Where you might have found one that worked by going to store and buying one of the shelves, and it was under fifty bucks?
Autel AP 200. As per attached. The white one. You get full ODB for all car make. Full service features (like Autel 808) for one brand for life with updates when you reg it. I got Benz. Think slerate Vito one. Does every module service thing expect key coding on my w220 S class. Auto vin auto identify auto scan all. All fibre computer components etc. Was $49 in USA from YouTube’s I’ve seen. DONT GET RED ONES. Varied plans and best is one make for 12mth then pay going forward. Hope it helps you!

Andrew B