M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Fender to bumper clip - struggling to re assemble

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2022, 08:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML500 2006
Fender to bumper clip - struggling to re assemble

ML500 (W164 2006) I had to take my passenger side headlight unit out to trouble shoot the Xenon low beam system. I have loosen up numerous bumper and grille fixings and removed the inner fender. I also removed the clip P/N 164 880 0414 attaching the fender to the bumper cover just downstream of the headlight unit. I have repaired/fixed my lowbeam system, replaced everything BUT I am really struggling to re assemble the clip. Any help would be appreciated. You Tube has some good videos but I did not find one showing the re assembly process and beleive me, for this clip, it is not as simple as reversing the dis assembly sequence...There seems to be some black magic required...Any help, pictures, video or others would be appreciated. A rubber seal the size of the clip fell on the floor so I dont know which side of the clip it goes. I have tried a few permuations but the parts wont snap together using reasonable force...