M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Strange electrical gremlins after battery change and bringing car to South Dakota

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-25-2022 | 12:40 PM
Veteran: Navy

2009 SLK 55, 2010 ML350
Strange electrical gremlins after battery change and bringing car to South Dakota

Hey all, Merry Christmas,

Weird happenings coming from SoCal to Sioux Falls.

Got up here and have really started having some issues, getting them looked at this coming week but wanted to ask around. Replaced battery in hopes that it would help my weird HVAC issue I was having (thread on that here somewhere) and all of a sudden the car is acting very strange. Granted, I have been seeing temps in the serious minus farenheits vs my normal 70s in San Diego, but with a brand new AGM interstate battery I'm still having sluggish starts, and have developed a problem with my headlight on the driver side as well as the foglight on the passenger side.

Replaced passenger low beam (non HID) and no response. Have not gotten to the driver foglight to assess because it's hovering around -20 with wind chill and the car is outside.

These symptoms seem to have happened after battery replacement but I cannot say for sure as the cold front hit about the same time. Weird part is I am not getting any error messages on my dash telling me there are lights out. I suspect either a front sam issue or something funky with the battery.

Anyone else have this issue? Thanks for any help!

R

Edit: also had a single occurrence of a very strange Parking brake engaged message (and alarm while driving) that resolved itself after driving and parking overnight. I highly suspect that was due to freezing temps. It has not returned.I do not ever use my parking brake.

Last edited by HPDECLK55; 12-25-2022 at 12:43 PM.