M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Alignment issue on front wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2023 | 11:16 AM

Ml 320 cdi
Alignment issue on front wheels

Hello all, I am going mad with my w164, I have alignment issue with my front wheels. Went to the shop for an alignment but they couldn't do it. Because there is 3° negative camber on front wheels.. Don't know whats the issue, things that where changed prior to me going to the alignment shop where: both sides lower ball joints, and both tie rod ends (inner and outer). Lemforder parts..
Car wasn't in any accident, really don't know what's happening..Where do you set the camber on front end and why potentially is negative camber so out of specs?
Thanks
Old 05-23-2023 | 07:07 AM

GL320 X164 OM642 722.902
Originally Posted by SanMark
Hello all, I am going mad with my w164, I have alignment issue with my front wheels. Went to the shop for an alignment but they couldn't do it. Because there is 3° negative camber on front wheels.. Don't know whats the issue, things that where changed prior to me going to the alignment shop where: both sides lower ball joints, and both tie rod ends (inner and outer). Lemforder parts..
Car wasn't in any accident, really don't know what's happening..Where do you set the camber on front end and why potentially is negative camber so out of specs?
Thanks
TWO wheel alignment issues simultaneously. This is a first for the w164 forum. There is another thread here with caster issues. He has some info on his results.

If I can remember, the toe values can be adjusted by your tie rod end length. However, your camber issues might be related to your lower ?control arm? ball joint. Take my comment with a grain of salt. You changed some components and camber is off, so it might be related to the parts change.
Old 06-06-2023 | 07:19 AM

Ml 320 cdi
Apparently it was needed for airmatic height recalibration, because front end was to low, but now it seems to me it's to high. Really don't know what's going on.. Let's say that now after calibration the auto or comfortable setting is at hight as was previously sport. Does anyone have the exact values for calibrating all 4 corners, or even measure in centimeters for height in auto/comfort setting from centre of the wheel to the liner?