M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Front passenger door wiring harness

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2023, 07:03 AM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
2009 ML350 4matic
Front passenger door wiring harness

Good morning!

My front passenger door on my 2009 ML350 4matic started having issues with the electronic door lock on the door not locking/unlocking any of the doors including its own. From the driver's seat, I can still use my e-lock and lock/unlock all doors including the front passenger door.

After testing the e-mechanism and finding it works fine (I plugged it in on driver side and it works there), I then opened the passenger door panel

Part number of wire

You can see where wire is sort of ripped out of blue connector
and found one of the flat wires from the unit was broken off from the plug. I have a few questions and pictures below:

1. Is it possible to somehow re-fit the flat wire back into the blue plug and plug it back in? Looks like it is ripped out but I could always snip the end if need be. I've looked inside of the blue plug and don't see any way to open it up and then re-seat the wire but I'm no genius.

2. Can I buy a new double-wire blue plug from merc or online that fits these two wires and allows me to re-seat them like on a ordinary wire connector? If so, any ideas for P/N or where?

3. I'm fearing that I'll need to buy a whole new wiring harness and replace what I have but hoping not too. I took a pic of this and Googled the p/n A16450570...0? ...003 but get no results
Attached Files