M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Aerial amplifier

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2024, 04:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Ml 320 cdi
Aerial amplifier

Can anyone tell me where the radio aerial amplifier gets its feed from. I have no power an as such no radio reception. Just in case anyone else is having a similar issue I linked into the main supply to the wiper motor with a 5amp in-line fuse. This is a temp fix while I find out where to start looking
Old 06-01-2024, 05:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 ML350 US
Aerial amplifier

Originally Posted by Smiffy177
Can anyone tell me where the radio aerial amplifier gets its feed from. I have no power an as such no radio reception. Just in case anyone else is having a similar issue I linked into the main supply to the wiper motor with a 5amp in-line fuse. This is a temp fix while I find out where to start looking
I'm not sure this will help, but - When I first installed a new head unit, the Aerial amplifier did not power up because I did not connect the wires right. I had to make sure that the head unit wires to turn on 'power antenna' were connected on my schosche adapter. I had mistakenly thought that wire was used for those old-school antennas that disappeared into the fender when you powered off the stereo, and I did not connect it when I first did the install. Apparently the Aerial amplifier was triggered by the head unit being powered on and off (rather than the car being powered on and off). Once I connected that to the scosche adapter, the Aerial amplifier turned on and everything powered on.