M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Side.mirror orange light

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2024, 08:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML550
Side.mirror orange light

I just replaced on. My 2011 ML550 the entire side mirror with a 2010 ML350 one as the entire assembly was cracked couldnt just replace the housing and glass. (I could not locate another mirror with right color)
the replacement doesnt have the sensor and indicator in glass
my driver side is still orginal and the orange light now stays on the mirror and dash shows error message of blindspot system in operative
is there a sensor in the old mirror i need to remove and install in the replacement or is this even possible
Old 06-03-2024, 09:28 AM

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts
Former R230, W220 and W221 owner
Originally Posted by mdk442
I just replaced on. My 2011 ML550 the entire side mirror with a 2010 ML350 one as the entire assembly was cracked couldnt just replace the housing and glass. (I could not locate another mirror with right color)
the replacement doesnt have the sensor and indicator in glass
my driver side is still orginal and the orange light now stays on the mirror and dash shows error message of blindspot system in operative
is there a sensor in the old mirror i need to remove and install in the replacement or is this even possible
I have a 2010 ML350 with 2 bad side mirrors. One has a bad housing so the mirror shakes when driving and the other has a bad turn signal light (also broken, flaps back and forth)

I've had a terrible time trying to replace them. I checked junk yards, ebay etc and I can't find a compatible mirror.

I ended up going chinese aftermarket- should arrive by the end of this week. My car doesn't have blind spot or glass indicators. I'm hoping they work and don't throw error messages.

The side mirrors and door actuators are a pain to find for this car.