M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Can not switch off Park-asist

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2024, 10:36 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
ML 320 CDI
Can not switch off Park-asist

Hi

When I switch off Park assist (the sensors) , key in operating position ... it is fine as long as don't turn off the engine.

next time wanting to start the engine Park assist is "on "again . Why ????

The reason why i want it off is because i hit a Kangaru . ... which damaged the sensors ...so it beeped very often.

So, by switching off park assist should solve the problem ... but when turning off the engine and then want to start again , park assist is switched on !!!

any idea would be much appreciated
Old 08-07-2024, 08:13 AM

Received 149 Likes on 97 Posts
ML 63 AMG
Originally Posted by Otto-Oz;[url=tel:9013086
9013086[/url]]Hi

When I switch off Park assist (the sensors) , key in operating position ... it is fine as long as don't turn off the engine.

next time wanting to start the engine Park assist is "on "again . Why ????

The reason why i want it off is because i hit a Kangaru . ... which damaged the sensors ...so it beeped very often.

So, by switching off park assist should solve the problem ... but when turning off the engine and then want to start again , park assist is switched on !!!

any idea would be much appreciated
The default is going to be “on” since you would normally want that warning available to you. You typically only shut it off for a car wash or something like that… the average person wouldn’t want to turn it off for something like a car wash and then bump into something the next time they drove the car because the park assist wasn’t on… it’s sort of like the “start/stop” on most newer cars. I turn that off every time I get into my daily driver, but it’s back on the next time I restart the car. 🤷‍♂️
Old 08-07-2024, 07:26 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
ML 320 CDI
hi Joshinator99

thanks for that explanation , makes sense ... in hindsight ....

now I have to get a new sensor! to avoid the inconvenience ! Bosch around USD 80 ... that is the minor detail , installing the sensor looks to be tricky

thanks again and greetings from Down Under
The following users liked this post:
Joshinator99 (08-07-2024)