M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

New vehicle checklist

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 10:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 ML 350 BlueTec
New vehicle checklist

Im so posed to pick up the new ML this week. Anything I should look out for when I do the delivery test drive. Such as any known issues?

Thanks
Old 12-19-2011, 06:24 PM

2012 ML350
If you read through the threads there are about a dozen issues people have been having so those are the first things to check. Also make sure both your keys work (check with the other far away). Found out one of ours was dead after I dropped my wife off at a store and then went to run some errands. She had the working key, I had the dead one.
Old 12-20-2011, 09:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 E350 Sport 4Matic - P2 & Drivers Assist / 2010 C300 Sport 4Matic - P2 / 2013 Porsche Cayenne S
Originally Posted by katiesdad7
Im so posed to pick up the new ML this week. Anything I should look out for when I do the delivery test drive. Such as any known issues?

Thanks
Sounds silly but I'm speaking from personal experience. Check to make sure all the windows roll down and up correctly. On my current car the driver's side window would not roll up all the way but my SA was able to hook a laptop up to my car and correct it in about 2 minutes. Was a little annoyed I had to drive back to the dealership to get this fixed. Also when you get home check to tire pressures. On my wife's car they were way over inflated then what was recommended by MB. Also have your smart phone with you so they can pair up the phone with the car's head unit and also also import your phone book. Most importantly don't be afraid to ask questions if you didn't understand something the first time. Congrats, good luck and don't forget to post pictures of your baby
Old 12-20-2011, 06:57 PM

Alpina B7; Techart Grand GT; G63
I haven't received delivery yet either, but from what I've read on the forum:

1. Puddle lights
2. Rear latch for auto open
3. Steering wheel makes sound when turning
4. Excessive wind noise coming from side view mirror or possible window seal
Old 12-20-2011, 08:35 PM
caf

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
car
Lightbulb

I've had two issues which are both minor, but really should have been caught at the factory:

1) The driver's door doesn't close completely flush at the back edge. I'm taking it in next week and hope that a door latch adjustment will take care of this. It's probably something many people wouldn't notice, but I'm pretty sure if it happened at a Lexus factory, the responsible employee would be committing hari-kari John Belushi style.

2) When I gently pulled outward on the flap covering the 115 VAC outlet (located under the right rear seat), the whole module fell out. I tried to pop it back in, but the mounting bracket behind it was loose.

Overall, though, build quality seems quite solid. I intentionally waited for a build date after the 2012 had been in production a couple of months. Seems like there is a bit of room for improvement, however.