M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

First Issue with my ML

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 05:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 ML350 Bluetec, 2009 Audi A4 Cab,2003 Harley Road King
First Issue with my ML

Just hit 4500 miles with my Bluetec. Running down the highway and the Check Additive warning light comes on. I'm thinking that's strange since the top off should coincide with regular service intervals of 10,000 miles. So I go to my selling dealer, they take the ML in right away. Within 20 minutes, the truck is ready and only needed 3 gallons of Adblue (provided at no charge by the dealer).

I head down the road and the same warning code flashes again, the dealer tells me to come right back. They take it back in and find out that the variance settings on the Adblue levels were incorrectly set at the factory and that this has been an documented but not rampant issue. So they re-program the car, give it a total wash and interior detail. The General Manager sees me waiting in the customer waiting room and comes in to wish me a Merry Christmas. Five minutes later, the service adviser comes in with my keys, a bottle of red wine and a box of chocolates!

I love my dealer!!!!
Old 12-23-2011, 06:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes-Benz ML350
I hope I am as happy as you are with my dealer after service. I am so far only for the purchasing service so far.

I hope they fix it and all is well, on the forum you may be ahead of the pack as far as mileage goes so it will be interesting to see if other diesels have a similar issue around 4500 miles.

I have to say this though. In the mirror lights thread:

---------------------
Quote:
The good thing about me having to wait over 6 months for mine is maybe this will all be sorted out! (Glass half full!)

GREG from Oregon UR THE BEST maybe a pain to ur dear wife but to us the best
Glad we ordered Diesels

-----------------
- I guess I can be the first to say - Glad we didn't order diesels

Just kidding
Old 04-16-2015, 03:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ml350 bluetech
First issue

Originally Posted by GreginNH
Just hit 4500 miles with my Bluetec. Running down the highway and the Check Additive warning light comes on. I'm thinking that's strange since the top off should coincide with regular service intervals of 10,000 miles. So I go to my selling dealer, they take the ML in right away. Within 20 minutes, the truck is ready and only needed 3 gallons of Adblue (provided at no charge by the dealer).

I head down the road and the same warning code flashes again, the dealer tells me to come right back. They take it back in and find out that the variance settings on the Adblue levels were incorrectly set at the factory and that this has been an documented but not rampant issue. So they re-program the car, give it a total wash and interior detail. The General Manager sees me waiting in the customer waiting room and comes in to wish me a Merry Christmas. Five minutes later, the service adviser comes in with my keys, a bottle of red wine and a box of chocolates!

I love my dealer!!!!
Wait until you have a check engine, then find that the Adblue heater shorted, the wole harness is soaked, and the have to open from your passenger side panel to fix the problem. Cost of this operation 2700$! I love my dealer too!