M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

New Guy Here - Just placed an Order last night

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 12:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 Audi A8 Sport
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon
Given your salesperson's knowledge, I would not bet on the March delivery with lighting package if I were you.
Originally Posted by YYZ-E55
Since we are spending your money, you should also consider the black headliner - code Y90. Its $0
Originally Posted by TundraRoads
If he's so sure then get him to agree that if you don't have your car with the lighting package by April 15 then he'll give you a free AMG pkg.

Sounds like a great build!
You guys are all on the money. March isn't happening if I really want the lighting package.

YYZ, definitely added the black liner and sports interior, P95 and the mbtex dash. Thank you again for recommending that. My wife loves that we have that now.

Finally, I've attached our build here.

Thanks again for all of your time and help, gentlemen.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
ML - Michael.pdf (672.2 KB, 341 views)

Last edited by MD Boy; 01-04-2012 at 12:24 AM.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
MY17 E43 Matte Selenite/Macchiato Beige, MY16 GLE350d Tenorite/Crystal Grey, MY17 B250
Originally Posted by MD Boy
You guys are all on the money. March isn't happening if I really want the lighting package.

YYZ, definitely added the black liner and sports interior, P95 and the mbtex dash. Thank you again for recommending that. My wife loves that we have that now.

Finally, I've attached our build here.

Thanks again for all of your time and help, gentlemen.
Looks like it will be a beautiful truck! Hopefully the heated wheel goes through with P95 - it wasn't originally planned but perhaps Germany has made some changes.
Old 01-05-2012, 12:25 PM

2013 Audi A8 Sport
Looks like it will be a beautiful truck! Hopefully the heated wheel goes through with P95 - it wasn't originally planned but perhaps Germany has made some changes.
Thanks, YYZ. I'll let you guys know by tonight or tomorrow (when the order is officially submitted) if this will actually happen.

I don't want to, but with no ETA in sight, we might go ahead without the lighting package
Old 01-11-2012, 09:54 PM

2013 Audi A8 Sport
Son of a....Well, the good news: My dealership was able to get the lighting package with a build date of 4/3/12.

BUT the bad news: They will not be able to get the pano roof or the mb-tex dash until May!!

This is Very frustrating.

"We have a PO #0271468413 and a build decade of 4/3/2012, however it cannot be built with the Pano Roof and MB Tex Dash at this time due to material constraints at MBUSA. If the the guest requires this is will delay production by another 4 weeks".

Last edited by MD Boy; 01-11-2012 at 09:57 PM.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:48 PM

2010 E550, 2012 ML 350
If you are willing to wait for the lighting package I would make sure you are getting every option you set out to get, pano roof etc. Another 4 weeks does not sound that bad.

We got all the options we wanted in my wifes ML but if it were my car I would have waited for the lighting package.

Good luck with your order
Old 02-08-2012, 01:57 PM

2013 Audi A8 Sport
UPDATE: Hoping not to jinx myself here.

Just got off the phone with my sales rep and we are good to go for, 04/01/2012. This is inclusive of all options that were in question at one time - Lighting, Pano roof and mb-tex dash.

Now get this, I asked them if they could simply change the wheel pattern last week to, 'R33', which is the 20" wheels from the Dynamic Handling Package. Well, he said, 'we are waiting for a confirmation for the change? Not a definitive, 'Sorry, Michael, we can not do that'.

Now THAT would be something if they were able to pull that off....without costing me an arm and a leg of course =)
Old 02-08-2012, 05:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,178 Likes on 847 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
UPDATE: Hoping not to jinx myself here.

Just got off the phone with my sales rep and we are good to go for, 04/01/2012. This is inclusive of all options that were in question at one time - Lighting, Pano roof and mb-tex dash.

Now get this, I asked them if they could simply change the wheel pattern last week to, 'R33', which is the 20" wheels from the Dynamic Handling Package. Well, he said, 'we are waiting for a confirmation for the change? Not a definitive, 'Sorry, Michael, we can not do that'.

Now THAT would be something if they were able to pull that off....without costing me an arm and a leg of course =)
If that last happens I would be amazed.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:48 AM

2013 Audi A8 Sport
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon
If that last happens I would be amazed.
You and me both, Greg. Don't know if it will actually happen but having received e-mail(s), as one I received earlier today, from my sales advisor gives way for hope

Fingers crossed.

Good morning Michael,

I am still waiting for the change order on the wheels – everything else is set – I will notify you as soon as the change comes through on the wheels.

Hope you have a great day.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:20 AM

corvette
originally ordered ML BLUE TEC on 9/24/2011 - then call -no lighting package until January build, then got call no night assist plus until March build, now call no night assist until may build - can get build in 1st decade of march with lighting package. what is going on with this company? Always had great experiences with their cars and delivery. tempted to switch to BMW or Lexus. Thoughts please?

Last edited by big foot; 02-14-2012 at 10:22 AM.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,178 Likes on 847 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
Option delays

Originally Posted by big foot
originally ordered ML BLUE TEC on 9/24/2011 - then call -no lighting package until January build, then got call no night assist plus until March build, now call no night assist until may build - can get build in 1st decade of march with lighting package. what is going on with this company? Always had great experiences with their cars and delivery. tempted to switch to BMW or Lexus. Thoughts please?
Yes, they overpromised and this launch has been a disaster for us enthusiasts. Much worse than the previous two models that I got first vehicles of. Lighting, Handling, Panorama have all compounded to push me towards waiting for '13.
Old 02-22-2012, 03:44 PM

2013 Audi A8 Sport
-Heated rear seats - We did however omit the rear climate package
Here's one for you guys. We opted for the rear heated seats as opposed to the rear climate control - or having both actually. I hate the empty space underneath the vents for the middle row - makes it look like something's missing.

Now, I've seen pictures of the rear climate control dial, with and without heated seat controls. Does anyone have a pic or know what ONLY the rear heated seat controls look like? Is it the heated seat controls on the sides and nothing in between, where the climate control dial goes? That would look awkward.

Does anyone already have the rear heated seats (without the rear climate) that could chime in?

Thank you in advance and sorry for the wordy post
Old 02-22-2012, 04:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MY17 E43 Matte Selenite/Macchiato Beige, MY16 GLE350d Tenorite/Crystal Grey, MY17 B250
With heated rear seats, you always get a climate control panel back there; it either has full temp control (THERMOTRONIC code 581) or just "Auto" and "Off" modes (THERMATIC code 580).
Old 02-22-2012, 04:17 PM

2013 Audi A8 Sport
With heated rear seats, you always get a climate control panel back there; it either has full temp control (THERMOTRONIC code 581) or just "Auto" and "Off" modes (THERMATIC code 580).
Great. As always, thank you, YYZ.

So, with the rear heated seats, I will have the dial in the middle, it will just not have the numbers for the actual temp., just for the speed of air coming out? If so, that'll work for me.

Kind of get the best of both worlds, while filling up the empty space under the vents.

**While you're here, any idea what the part number on the wood cup holder cover (in anthracite wood) found on the ML63 is

EDIT - This is a pic from a 08' ML, but I'm assuming the rear heated seats sans the climate control will look something like this?
Attached Thumbnails New Guy Here - Just placed an Order last night-rear-climate.jpg  

Last edited by MD Boy; 02-22-2012 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Added Rear Climate Pic
Old 02-22-2012, 04:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

**While you're here, any idea what the part number on the wood cup holder cover (in anthracite wood) found on the ML63 is
The cupholder is all one assembly. It won't be cheap. There are also a ton of variants; here is the schematic and the part numbers.

Options are as follows:
301: ashtray
311: climate controlled cupholder
729: dark ash wood
731: burl walnut wood
876: interior lighting package
H09: open pore ash wood
W69: designo piano black wood

Ignore code 930, that's a taxi code. Good luck!

EDIT: Just got a price of $511 CAD MSRP for the cupholder setup in dark ash (A 166 680 17 14).
Attached Thumbnails New Guy Here - Just placed an Order last night-console.jpg   New Guy Here - Just placed an Order last night-list-1.jpg   New Guy Here - Just placed an Order last night-list-2.jpg   New Guy Here - Just placed an Order last night-list-3.jpg  

Last edited by YYZ-E55; 02-22-2012 at 05:02 PM.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EDIT - This is a pic from a 08' ML, but I'm assuming the rear heated seats sans the climate control will look something like this?
Here's a pic - this W166 has 580 and 872.

Attached Thumbnails New Guy Here - Just placed an Order last night-img-20120222-00011.jpg  

Last edited by YYZ-E55; 02-22-2012 at 04:40 PM.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:42 PM

2013 Audi A8 Sport
The cupholder is all one assembly. It won't be cheap. There are also a ton of variants; here is the schematic and the part numbers.
JFC - Here I thought it was a simple replacement of one part - the door itself; remove the plastic cover, replace with wooden cover.

Guess I'm sticking with the plastic cover then.

Thank you again for taking the time to respond with such a thorough post
Old 02-22-2012, 04:47 PM

2013 Audi A8 Sport
Here's a pic - this W166 has 580 and 872.
Woo Hoo!!! Niiiice. That's exactly what I was looking for. You're the man, YYZ.

Not a bad deal to get the rear heated seats. So you don't get the climate control (numbers on the dial) but you get the space filled and air control for the rear passengers.

Still think the rear heated seats should've been standard though
Old 02-22-2012, 05:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

JFC - Here I thought it was a simple replacement of one part - the door itself; remove the plastic cover, replace with wooden cover.
To be honest, I'd wager this part swap will actually be easier than the disassembly required to swap only the roller door. At any rate, Canadian MSRP for a cupholder assembly with the wood roller door is $511. Ouch!
Old 02-22-2012, 05:14 PM

2013 Audi A8 Sport
To be honest, I'd wager this part swap will actually be easier than the disassembly required to swap only the roller door. At any rate, Canadian MSRP for a cupholder assembly with the wood roller door is $511. Ouch!
Yeah, that's a bit much $$ to change out the plastic/wood door roller.

Well, good for the ones waiting/purchasing the 13' ML as the wood roller will be standard (as I've heard) - as I think that's how it should've been from the get go.

Last edited by MD Boy; 02-22-2012 at 05:24 PM.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:04 AM

2013 Audi A8 Sport
Update - Looks like it will be a 13'

Gentlemen,

It's been a while since i've posted but thought I would give you an update on our ML350 BT order - an order we placed around Christmas 2011.

-We were assured March Delivery with lighting and pano
-Production was then pushed to 3rd decade of April
-Production was moved to first decade of April with the promise of changing the 19" rims for the 20" R33 design at the factory, at no cost without having to order the entire DHP - I have it in writing, pano, mb-tex dash
-Production date was delayed to first decade of May
-Production date was delayed to third decade of May
-Have been notified yesterday we are looking at 2013 - End of August Delivery

Now, it is what it is. Wife is pissed because her, 'wedding present' is now delayed even further and has asked we drop the order entirely and get a RR Sport - I'm reluctantly compelled to oblige at this point.

However, should we keep our spot in line and wait a few more months, I'll be changing our ML from BT to gas, add the off road package, delete the pano and maybe delete the running boards, add the 20" wheels and maybe add the active curve system....the ACS is still a toss up, depending on the cost. But the off road package for an additional $2.8k is a no brainer - should it be available for July/August production that is

Sorry for the long post and hope everyone (who has received them) is enjoying their vehicles. And for those still waiting, well, good luck.

Michael
Old 05-29-2012, 01:12 AM

2013 ML BLUETEC JULY 31
20in is why delayed pick an accessary 20 19 for winter. Most u want add is delaying more DHP not on 350 in 13
Old 05-29-2012, 01:19 AM

2013 Audi A8 Sport
Originally Posted by dougiebear
20in is why delayed pick an accessary 20 19 for winter. Most u want add is delaying more DHP not on 350 in 13
Yeah, that's a good point. Our BT wasn't as optioned out as some I've seen here but had a good amount of features selected. To be honest, I don't think we'll do the DHP. Just the off road package will suffice. Hopefully that won't delay it too much further.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:01 AM

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
2017 CLS550
I've followed this thread with interest to see when, in fact, you would receive your car. So many people seem to have problems with getting build dates, delivery promises are all over the place (and seldom kept), and even pricing for 2013 models are not fixed yet, however, they are taking orders. Seems like there is simply too much room for errors and disappointments. I think some people here at the forum (Greg, I believe?), have had to wait even longer than you.

When I decided to buy the ML350 a couple months ago I felt I should wait for MY 2013. However, the more I studied the vehicle the more I was convinced to go with a 2012 as the changes would not be very dramatic in the new model but the prices would only go up. I told my SA what I wanted but would not order either a 2012 or 2013. Basically, I told him that if he can find a car for me that had most of my desired options he would have a sale.

As I anticipated, he was motivated enough to find what I wanted. I wanted Diamond White with almond/beige interior (leather or mbTex, made no difference to me), lighting package and PO2 package - on those points I was not flexible but everything else was negotiable. He found this car coming off line a couple weeks ago that I believe was originally scheduled to go to a Boston dealer. I guess he made a switch with that dealer with one of his cars coming off line. It has a few added features over an above the specific packages and colors I wanted such as running boards, wheel locks, heated steering wheel, driver assist package and one or two other things. Some of these options I would not have ordered but I can live with them and the only really "useless" item is the heated wheel because I live in Texas. I am going the 130 miles to the dealership (I live in the sticks!) this morning to pick it up.

I felt the uncertainty of when a build would actually get to me due to all the postponements I was constantly reading about from people like you and others would be too frustrating for me to deal with. I decided to forget about it and about three weeks ago told the SA just to go find me a car close to my ideal - a real, honest to goodness in the flesh car rather than one on paper - and call me when it comes in.

If I was more particular or if I planned on holding on to it for many years it might be different but that is not the case. Before a warranty expires, I buy a new car, simple as that. I have never owned a Mercedes of any kind before so this is my opportunity to gain the Mercedes experience. If it ends up being a good experience, in three years or so I will buy another and get it just the way I want. From everything I have read, ordering a new car is simply not the way it use to be, at least for the ML350. That is too bad but as you said, it is what it is. You are an unfortunate example of this and I feel sorry you have had to go through it for the past six months. Nonetheless, I am certain that everything will end up fine for you and the bride and you will indeed have your perfect ride (I hope the one I am getting today turns out to be close to "perfect" anyway). Let us know how you make out and good luck!
Old 05-29-2012, 10:24 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
X350d GLE500e 2017, ML350 BlueTec 2012(sold), A200 2013, ML350CDI 2009(sold), Aston Martin DB7 2003
Now, it is what it is. Wife is pissed because her, 'wedding present' is now delayed even further and has asked we drop the order entirely and get a RR Sport - I'm reluctantly compelled to oblige at this point.
Just for the record I was considering the RR Sport myself.

I decided the ML drives better more comfy, and better finished.
MB was priced better (but hard to compare due to models/options)
And both were promising the same delivery.

Hopefully after a year in production now, MB will have its supply chain figured out and its promises can be met.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:33 PM

2012 ML350
get a RR Sport - I'm reluctantly compelled to oblige at this point.
Perhaps the one higher end vehicle with lower quality and more maintenance headaches than MB.

On your ML, I would not buy a vehicle that's missing an option that you (or more importantly, your wife) really want. It could bug you the entire time you own it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Guy Here - Just placed an Order last night