M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

Problem with Front Drivers side Window.

Old 01-08-2012, 10:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
Problem with Front Drivers side Window.

Ok this is a weird one! I picked my 2012 ML 350 up on Dec 1st, gotta say I couldnt wait!

Anyway drove it home from the dealer and went to roll my window down and it went down really slow and choppy. So i rolled it back up and tried again, this time even slower and choppier! So i shut the truck off waitied a min or two and re started the truck again and tried the window once more. This time the window didnt go down at all. So I called my dealer and he said bring it right back. So back on the Highway and off to Long Island from Bklyn I went (1 hr of Traffic...lol)

Anyway they hooked the truck up to the machine when I got there and the motor was showing a very high temp rating! All the other windows and motors were fine by the way. So the service mgr said the truck needed a new motor for that window...Great! The truck is an hr old, and the door needs to be ripped open for a new motor? So my salesman got me into a 2012 E loaner within 5 min and said this is something he's never seen before and that the truck will be ready first thing tomorrow morning.

So round two the next day and everything was fine. No issues at all with the window....That is until 3 weeks later when the same problem, on the same window pops up again. So I called up and made an Appt for after the holidays to bring it in. Within that week it happen 2 more times, once at the Gas station, and once at a toll booth.

So I bring it in and they have it looked at...This time they change the motor and when they test it its still happening, even after the new motor was put in? So they call Benz directly and explain the problem...Apparently there's an issue with some part that actually controls the motor itself and when the motor over heats, that part shuts down the motor? Huh? I've had 3 benzes in the past, Audi's, Porsche's, BMW's....Never have I had an issue like this.

So to fast forward they changed the part that controls the motor and said this should fix it....And then i was told that in all 2012 benzes there is a cut off that controls the windows and what not, and if i roll the windows down a certain amount of times the window will not work until the motor cools off? Again what? Never heard of anything like this.

However, i must say my dealer is doing everything they can to make me happy, and they have been nothing but nice through this whole crazy issue. But I've never seen such a problem, any thoughts people....
Old 01-08-2012, 05:55 PM

2012 ML 350 BlueTec
Sounds like it is a safety....for the motor. No help for the consumer that needs to get the window up. But then again the manuf's build all kinds of safety stuff into the vehicle. You can't over rev the engine because some folks would just floor it till the engine broke and get a new engine under warranty. Saves money I guess.
Old 04-17-2015, 10:31 AM

Ml350 bluetech
Relay shuts off

Originally Posted by Sean76NYC
Ok this is a weird one! I picked my 2012 ML 350 up on Dec 1st, gotta say I couldnt wait!

Anyway drove it home from the dealer and went to roll my window down and it went down really slow and choppy. So i rolled it back up and tried again, this time even slower and choppier! So i shut the truck off waitied a min or two and re started the truck again and tried the window once more. This time the window didnt go down at all. So I called my dealer and he said bring it right back. So back on the Highway and off to Long Island from Bklyn I went (1 hr of Traffic...lol)

Anyway they hooked the truck up to the machine when I got there and the motor was showing a very high temp rating! All the other windows and motors were fine by the way. So the service mgr said the truck needed a new motor for that window...Great! The truck is an hr old, and the door needs to be ripped open for a new motor? So my salesman got me into a 2012 E loaner within 5 min and said this is something he's never seen before and that the truck will be ready first thing tomorrow morning.

So round two the next day and everything was fine. No issues at all with the window....That is until 3 weeks later when the same problem, on the same window pops up again. So I called up and made an Appt for after the holidays to bring it in. Within that week it happen 2 more times, once at the Gas station, and once at a toll booth.

So I bring it in and they have it looked at...This time they change the motor and when they test it its still happening, even after the new motor was put in? So they call Benz directly and explain the problem...Apparently there's an issue with some part that actually controls the motor itself and when the motor over heats, that part shuts down the motor? Huh? I've had 3 benzes in the past, Audi's, Porsche's, BMW's....Never have I had an issue like this.

So to fast forward they changed the part that controls the motor and said this should fix it....And then i was told that in all 2012 benzes there is a cut off that controls the windows and what not, and if i roll the windows down a certain amount of times the window will not work until the motor cools off? Again what? Never heard of anything like this.

However, i must say my dealer is doing everything they can to make me happy, and they have been nothing but nice through this whole crazy issue. But I've never seen such a problem, any thoughts people....
They relay shuts off in order to protect the motor from burning, it has to go to the initial temperature before it unlocks. Beside of this problem, any other issues?