M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

Car Seat Latches

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 01:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alpina B7; Techart Grand GT; G63
Car Seat Latches

Does anyone know if the 2012 ML allows for a child seat to be positioned in the middle using the inner anchors from the left and right side LATCH anchors? I believe there is some maximum distance between anchors that makes this unsafe for many vehicles but can't remember the rule off hand. Thanks.
Old 01-29-2012, 01:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'15 GL350 Bluetec
According to the manual, Isofix (LATCH) anchors are provided only for the two rear outboard positions. BUT, that doesn't mean you can't use the two inboard Isofix anchors for the middle position, depending upon your child seat. It's been a while, but our Britax seats with Isofix actually employed a belt that gave some flexibility to the positioning. If your child seat has fixed Isofix latches, you may be out of luck. Note that the ML only has outboard top anchors (on the back of the seats, in the luggage area) according to the manual. So, to use the middle position, with a top anchor, you may have to do some finagling.

Hope this helps. BTW, this is all based upon the interactive manual (http://www4.mercedes-benz.com/manual...en/flash8.html), not viewing the ML - I'm still waiting for mine to be assigned a build date!
Old 01-29-2012, 11:33 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 E350 4matic- winter edition
Mine is set up in the middle. Works fine.