Just placed the order. Now the wait

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 09:20 AM
RJR

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 ML350 2017 C63S Cab
Just placed the order. Now the wait

Just placed our order yesterday for a 350 Gas, Capri Blue, Almond leather with ventilated, P2 package, burl wood steering wheel, running boards, lighting package. The dealer told us that they have cars that are similar to this with build dates that he was going to change to our specs so we would not have to wait as long for a new build date. I just hope the lighting package does not delay it to bad. He could have got us the same car without the leather and lighting package very quick but we definitely wanted the leather and the lightning package will be worth the wait. Now the wait begins.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
300D Turbo 1984
Ask your dealer what priority your order has been assigned. 2 ways it can be ordered.

1 ) The dealer creates a WHOLE NEW order and you have to wait for 4-6 months+

2 ) The dealer takes one of the ML's that has been appropriated (EDIT: pre-production, but in the factory queue) to the dealership and modifies it to suit your "custom-order"

Lucky, my SalesRep pushed our order through option #2 which will give the vehicle a P01 (priority 1) which is the highest priority in the factory queue. Production with 319 for March will believe it when I can physically kick the tires.

Last edited by 300DTurbo; 02-05-2012 at 03:27 PM.
Old 02-05-2012, 05:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'15 GL350 Bluetec
Originally Posted by 300DTurbo
Production with 319 for March will believe it when I can physically kick the tires.
Agreed. Latest on my order (deposit placed Nov. 8) is that they can change an April build to my specs (including 319), but no Pano roof. Seems that the MY '12 Pano roof allocation is spent. This entire process has been less than ideal!
Old 02-06-2012, 06:35 AM
RJR

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 ML350 2017 C63S Cab
Originally Posted by 300DTurbo
Ask your dealer what priority your order has been assigned. 2 ways it can be ordered.

1 ) The dealer creates a WHOLE NEW order and you have to wait for 4-6 months+

2 ) The dealer takes one of the ML's that has been appropriated (EDIT: pre-production, but in the factory queue) to the dealership and modifies it to suit your "custom-order"

Lucky, my SalesRep pushed our order through option #2 which will give the vehicle a P01 (priority 1) which is the highest priority in the factory queue. Production with 319 for March will believe it when I can physically kick the tires.
Our dealer is changing a vehicle that already was on priority that they had on order for stock. He is adding our specs to that order so he said it should take 2-3 months depending on the delay for the lighting package.