M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

Harmon Kardon sound problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 09:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ml350
Harmon Kardon sound problem

I have my 2012 ML 3 for months and within the last week I started to hear a static-y sound from the system at different times. At first I thought it was bad reception from an AM station, but now I can definitely hear it (and replicate it) when playing songs from my memory card as well. It seems to be coming out of all speakers so I have to assume there's an issue with a connection or the system itself (and not an individual speaker or an input source). I plan to take it back to the dealer, but I was wondering if anyone else had a similar problem. Since I can easily replicate it, I'm confident (but not certain) Mercedes will fix it. Needless to say, I'm rather annoyed that I'm having an issue after only 3 months - it is an amazing sound system that was definitely worth the extra $$$ (when it didn't have this problem.. )

Last edited by racingpro100; 02-24-2012 at 09:09 PM.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
300D Turbo 1984
Originally Posted by racingpro100
I have my 2012 ML 3 for months and within the last week I started to hear a static-y sound from the system at different times. At first I thought it was bad reception from an AM station, but now I can definitely hear it (and replicate it) when playing songs from my memory card as well. It seems to be coming out of all speakers so I have to assume there's an issue with a connection or the system itself (and not an individual speaker or an input source). I plan to take it back to the dealer, but I was wondering if anyone else had a similar problem. Since I can easily replicate it, I'm confident (but not certain) Mercedes will fix it. Needless to say, I'm rather annoyed that I'm having an issue after only 3 months - it is an amazing sound system that was definitely worth the extra $$$ (when it didn't have this problem.. )
Already! I think Germans should make the drivetrain and Japanese should make the electronics and put the car together.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 ML 350 BlueTec
I don't have that issue. But it does sound like a bad connection. I would try bluetooth since there is no mechanical connection involved. This will tell you if its the connector.

Sometimes I need to unplug my Iphone and reconnect it to get the system to see it.