M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

Anyone purchase the Tire & Rim protection?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 05:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 ML350BT
Anyone purchase the Tire & Rim protection?

Hi All, Has anyone purchased the Tire & Rim protection?

I have the sport package with 20" AMG rims and Airmatic suspension. I was quoted $1095 for 60 months But I ended up paying half that amount...

Just thought I’d share.

Cheers,

Last edited by Vancity; 02-27-2012 at 05:51 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:52 PM

2013 GL350BT ( on order)
were you quoted that for the car, or the protection. As well did you finance or lease,and if you don't mind why didn't you lease?

As well the tire and protection is good if you live in area, where there are alot of pot holes, and might run the risk damaging your rims.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:15 PM

2012 ML350BT
Originally Posted by Dragerking
were you quoted that for the car, or the protection. As well did you finance or lease,and if you don't mind why didn't you lease?

As well the tire and protection is good if you live in area, where there are alot of pot holes, and might run the risk damaging your rims.
I was quoted that price for the protection and did not lease. I do a lot of driving near construction sites also as it's part of my work, had about 4 flat tires last year.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:19 PM

2012 ML350
I was quoted $925 which I tok from the dealer. I am not sure whether its worth it or not?
I never had a flat tire before, but the dealer scared me that if you have a flat then they end up changing the tire as it always damages the tire due to the nature of the tire.
And I had some crub rash n my other car, but very minor...
Is it woth keeping this protection? I was told I can always return it and get the prorated amount back.........
Old 03-12-2012, 04:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,179 Likes on 848 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
Tire/wheel insurance

Originally Posted by GA350
I was quoted $925 which I tok from the dealer. I am not sure whether its worth it or not?
I never had a flat tire before, but the dealer scared me that if you have a flat then they end up changing the tire as it always damages the tire due to the nature of the tire.
And I had some crub rash n my other car, but very minor...
Is it woth keeping this protection? I was told I can always return it and get the prorated amount back.........
I wouldn't. There is nothing unique about the tires. Nail holes through the tread can be repaired if the tire is not driven flat. If you're careful with curbs, don't worry about it. Another dealer add-on.