Just noticed--Voice command

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 04:07 PM
caf

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
car
Just noticed--Voice command

Beautiful 71 degree and sunny afternoon here in the Midwest today.

I started up the Benz and the ventilation fan kicked up to a pretty high speed to cool the interior. When I pushed the voice command button on the steering wheel the fan speed immediately dropped to reduce the background noise while using voice command.

I realize that's probably not news to some of you, but I wasn't aware that the system did that. Pretty cool. I tried it several times to make sure it wasn't a fluke, and it worked well each time.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:14 PM

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts
2016 GLE 350d
Originally Posted by caf

I started up the Benz and the ventilation fan kicked up to a pretty high speed to cool the interior. When I pushed the voice command button on the steering wheel the fan speed immediately dropped to reduce the background noise while using voice command.

I realize that's probably not news to some of you, but I wasn't aware that the system did that. Pretty cool. I tried it several times to make sure it wasn't a fluke, and it worked well each time.
Smart! Didn't know that but I do love the voice command and have started using it for everything. I like how it shows the list of possible commands on the screen as reminders.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes-Benz ML350
Originally Posted by caf

Yup, my dealer showed me this right after I purchased the ML. There is a lot of things your car does in the background for your pleasure.