M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

ML360 extra's and accesories

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 10:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML360 extra's and accesories

picking up my ML350 saturday. Was interested if anyone (i.e. acessories, tire protection) recommends anything other that the extended warranty.

I am def getting the wheel locks for tires, but the dealer is offering this Xylon (spelling?)package. If any of the interior is damaged, any dents, tires, window cracks...etc.. they will fix no questions ask. plus they put some sort of paint protection on the car..

I am leaning toward yes.. Does any one have any experience with this? Any hassles when bringing your car in for repair?

my baby:
ML350 black
almond beige
running boards
keyless go
heated steering wheel
driver assts package: blind spot, lane keeping..etc
Old 03-20-2012, 11:55 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2020 Panamera GTS
Sounds like a good a good money maker for them. Realistically, how is something in your interior going to break? It would. It would be covered by warranty. Paint protection? Sounds like a wax job.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:08 PM

335i
Originally Posted by AcesUp
the dealer is offering this Xylon (spelling?)package. If any of the interior is damaged, any dents, tires, window cracks...etc.. they will fix no questions ask. plus they put some sort of paint protection on the car..
Just say 'no'. . .
Old 03-20-2012, 12:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,182 Likes on 850 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
picking up my ML350 saturday. Was interested if anyone (i.e. acessories, tire protection) recommends anything other that the extended warranty.

I am def getting the wheel locks for tires, but the dealer is offering this Xylon (spelling?)package. If any of the interior is damaged, any dents, tires, window cracks...etc.. they will fix no questions ask. plus they put some sort of paint protection on the car..

I am leaning toward yes.. Does any one have any experience with this? Any hassles when bringing your car in for repair?
IMO, these dealer add-ons are not worth it. Paint and interior protection definitely are money wasters.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:12 PM

lol...

best review of Xzlion:

Let me guess - they want between $500-$800 to do it? Xzilon is a paint sealant, very much like any paint sealant you can pick up at pep-boys for $20, the only difference is that it's slightly more durable at the cost of gloss. It needs to be re-applied just like any sealant - the frequency depends on what your car goes through. Xzilon will probably last 6 months to a year, most retail sealants will last 4-6 months... Their "5 year guarantee" is just 5 years of free re-application. If you read the terms of their contract you'll also notice the "5-year guarantee" is void if you use any compounds, polishes, other sealants or waxes, or use a rotary or PC on your cars paint.

I rarely make black & white statements like this, but those dealer-offered $700 sealants are a total scam. You'll get the same protection (water beading, bird crap, dust, tree sap, etc...) from just about any sealant (poorboys ex, klasse sg, zaino, 4 star upp, acrylic jett).. Application is as easy as washing the car, applying the sealant, waiting 30 minutes then buffing off.

I get customers all the time that say "but I got the dealers sealant, why does my car look like trash?" because they think that for $700 it's some extra layer of clear coat that magically repels the elements and never needs to be re-applied, when in essence it's just a glorified polymer sealant.

will prob get tire and windshield protection...
Old 03-20-2012, 12:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,182 Likes on 850 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
will prob get tire and windshield protection...
Check you auto insurance coverage. May be cheaper to insure the windshield by changing you comprehensive.