M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

Question about AMG styling (Canada) and running boards.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 03:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F250-Mustang GT-ML350BT
aahh euuu hhmmmm.Salesman are very polite, and appear to be helpful but i think they may be under staffed and custumer does not get all the attention he is entitled to.When i picked up my truck it was caught in middle of a bunch of other vehicules and probably took 10 minutes to get it out of there, licence plate not installed. delivery seemed to be improvised,salesman's boss called a few times during delivery.I did have an appointement and was right on time.This experience did leave me a bit disapointed considering price of purchased vehicule 70k plus i geuss i expected higher standards of service.This being said i do not take myself to seriously and the whole experience was ok.Love the truck.
Old 03-31-2012, 04:39 PM

2013 ML-63 AMG- 2010 C350 4matic
Originally Posted by serge01
aahh euuu hhmmmm.Salesman are very polite, and appear to be helpful but i think they may be under staffed and custumer does not get all the attention he is entitled to.When i picked up my truck it was caught in middle of a bunch of other vehicules and probably took 10 minutes to get it out of there, licence plate not installed. delivery seemed to be improvised,salesman's boss called a few times during delivery.I did have an appointement and was right on time.This experience did leave me a bit disapointed considering price of purchased vehicule 70k plus i geuss i expected higher standards of service.This being said i do not take myself to seriously and the whole experience was ok.Love the truck.
Serge01: Obviously their sales service is still mediocre. After they asked me to leave the garage with my E-Class for lack of empty spots, a policeman stopped me and written a ticket because my license plate was not installed. In the garage we found out they installed my license plate on another car which already left.... You no longer need to worry about their sales dept anymore. Their Service was very good. So much better than sales dept. Enjoy your ride.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:55 PM

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts
2019 E63s
Took Delivery Saturday Afternoon at 3pm...

I've owned my fair share of cars, and this is MY first Mercedes. We ordered it from the Downtown store in Toronto on Dundas. The delivery was inside upstairs in the AMG studio. it was nice and quiet and we took our time. All told we were there for an hour and a half. It was bar none the most professional and thorough Car delivery I have ever had.

2012 ML 350 Bluetec. Tenorite Grey, Premium Pano PKG, Sport PKG, Hitch, Boards, Passive Drivers Assistance PKG.

Almost forgot. 2 cold starts, no hesitation. Drivers door does rattle when you close it...

Last edited by DriveAMG; 04-01-2012 at 09:56 PM. Reason: forgot to add info
Old 04-15-2012, 10:21 PM

2019 E63s
Running Boards...

Ok, its been a week or two, and they have to go. Its a pain to get out of the car as I have to actually step over them to get out, and thats not good.

Im going to start the ball rolling to get rid of them. if anyone on here wants a set once i take them off, let me know.

Will keep you posted.

Oren
Old 04-15-2012, 10:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
MY17 E43 Matte Selenite/Macchiato Beige, MY16 GLE350d Tenorite/Crystal Grey, MY17 B250
Originally Posted by orenlasko
Ok, its been a week or two, and they have to go. Its a pain to get out of the car as I have to actually step over them to get out, and thats not good.

Im going to start the ball rolling to get rid of them. if anyone on here wants a set once i take them off, let me know.

Will keep you posted.

Oren
Please let us know the cost - as I understand it, it will be upwards of $2k for parts, paint and installation! Ouch!
Old 04-15-2012, 10:39 PM

2019 E63s
will do

in an earlier post, i mentioned the parts were about $800 or so plus install and paint. I am expecting about $1500 or less. regardless i will keep you all posted. these boards have got to go...
Old 04-15-2012, 11:13 PM

2011 M3, 2012 ML63
Coming from an X5 where I soiled many a trouser leg with the running boards, I have found the ML to be much less of an issue. It does help my other passengers (older and younger) with access and helps with roof access for putting bikes on a rack. In the end, it's personal preference - it's too bad that it is a pricey thing to reverse.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:10 AM

2012 ML350
My opinion: I have the sport package with the larger AMG wheels and no running boards. In my opinion, the running boards make it look like a truck, and no r/b is a more sporty look. That is why the Cayenne never has r/b. Most look better w/o the r/b, the exceptin being some X5 models.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:28 AM

2012 ML350 BLUETEC, 2011 Audi A4 Avant
Here's a little feedback from me. In Canada all MLs came with the AMG styling pkg. I also went with the Sport Pkg which came with airmatic & 20 inch AMG wheels. As mentioned in an earlier post Sport Pkg makes it sits about an inch lower.

I've added running boards so that my 4 year old can climb in and out all by herself, which they're doing a fine job. She loves them so much and she now asked me to install them on my A4. I am 6'1 and my wife is 5'6 and we both don't need them getting in or out. In fact it does get in the way and making it weird when I am extiing. But it comes in handy if you need to access the roof i.e. roofbox, hand-drying...etc.

Overall I don't think they spoil the look of the MLs. I think the MLs will turn many heads with or without them. Just keep in mind they make the side profile looks lower. Some of my friends said they love them and some don't. Afterall it's your ML and you'll be the one driving it. Just go with whatever you think works best.

Cheers.