M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

Driver Assist Package

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 05:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 ML BLUETEC JULY 31
Originally Posted by shortspark
I am in the process of purchasing an ML350 (just not sure if I want to wait for the 2013 or order a late year 2012 build). I had a test drive at the dealership yesterday and I was very impressed, not only with the vehicle on the whole but with the blind spot assist. I used it twice during my test drive as I drove slowly waiting for cars to pass me. I liked it a lot because there certainly is a large blind spot with the ML350.

However, although I see the value of the adaptive cruise control and active lane assist in certain urban and highway situations, it is not my cup of tea for my driving conditions. I live in the country and drive back roads 75% of the time. I do not take trips over 100 miles by car so I am rarely on the highway to use cruise control to begin with. If I were in a situation such as yours where I would be crossing lines all the time in the city, I think the constant wheel feedback would drive me nuts and I would end up disabling it. I am also considering the 2013 SRX as my second option and that one I understand will have warning vibrations in the seat! That would really drive me up the wall!!

As I said, blind spot assist is good for me because it is only a warning and does not try to take over or do anything physical. But as far as the other stuff is concerned, I for one would rather have complete control, for better or worse.
Passive colision avoidance is standard Wait
New color center dash gauge and comand colors Wait
Muliti Contour seats Wait
Of course if you dont care or need a ML soon 2012 if you can wait??? WAIT
Old 09-19-2012, 11:45 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2021 E350
Trying to understand the car symbol which turns green sometimes and indicates a ^ sign at times on the dash. I know it has to do with lane assist (i think)
Old 09-20-2012, 12:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 ML BLUETEC JULY 31
Maybe best upshift point when paddle shifting or sport mode???
Old 04-22-2013, 04:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 Acura TLX
Originally Posted by 300DTurbo
OFF- self explanatory

STANDARD- if you drift out of the lane the opposite side rear brake is applied and it pulls you 3 degrees "gently" back into your lane.

ACTIVE- if you drift out of the lane the opposite side rear brake is applied and it pulls you 3 degrees "aggressively" back into your lane.

The system freaks out at me about 3x/trip because I like to change lanes without signaling when there is no traffic around.

It comes as ACTIVE when you get it from the factory and it freaked me out as I was trying to take and exit and the construction crew didn't have a chance to remove the solid line. The whole vehicle basically lurched left, and I had to "fight" the steering to prevent hitting the guard rail.

Also UBER annoying: on and off ramps when you want to use the shoulder to give a more gentle curve, it YANKS you back into the center.

Let me drive already!

This will remain OFF.
With the new version of this system (my dad has it on his 2013 C250), there is an ADAPTIVE function. I guess this will learn your style of driving and adjust accordingly
Old 04-22-2013, 01:00 PM

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts
'16 Jaguar F-Type R, '21 GLE63s
Originally Posted by CisternaChyli
With the new version of this system (my dad has it on his 2013 C250), there is an ADAPTIVE function. I guess this will learn your style of driving and adjust accordingly
Not quite. Here are the differences between standard mode and adaptive mode, pulled directly from the owner's manual

--------------------------------------

Standard

If Standard is selected, no warning vibration occurs if:
  • you switch on the turn signals. In this event, the warnings are suppressed for a certain period of time.
  • a driving safety system intervenes, such as ABS, BAS or ESP®.
Adaptive

If Adaptive is selected, no warning vibration occurs if:
  • you switch on the turn signals. In this event, the warnings are suppressed for a certain period of time.
  • a driving safety system intervenes, e.g. ABS, BAS or ESP®.
  • you accelerate hard, e.g. kickdown.
  • you brake hard.
  • you steer actively, e.g. swerve to avoid an obstacle or change lanes quickly.
  • you cut the corner on a sharp bend.
In order that you are warned only when necessary and in good time if you cross the lane marking, the system recognizes certain
conditions and warns you accordingly.

The warning vibration occurs earlier if:
  • you approach the outer lane marking on a bend.
  • the road has very wide lanes, e.g. a highway.
  • the system recognizes solid lane markings.
The warning vibration occurs later if:
  • the road has narrow lanes.
  • you cut the corner on a bend.