M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

Thinking of trading 2012 BT for 2013 BT...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 08:11 AM

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts
2019 E63s
Thinking of trading 2012 BT for 2013 BT...

Got my 2012 6 weeks ago. Tenorite grey with prem pano pkg, sport pkg, hitch & running boards.

Absolutely love this sexy beast! We do a lot of traveling and within the first week we took it to DC.

My issues with the car are twofold. 1. No ventilated seats. This is a must have as I have them on my ram diesel and they keep my back from getting soaked. 2. These $&@" running boards make me perform a dismount manoever every time I get out of the car. I can only imagine how bad it's going to be when they are crusted with salt and snow in the winter. I tried to re & re them with rockers but the cost is stupid - near $2,500!!!!!

Anyways I approached my SA and discussed the possibility of ordering a 2013. Any thoughts on what mine would be worth? It's only got 4200km on it.

I figure it should be worth somewhere in between 55-60k. Maybe more.

I do want the same vehicle I have now, but I want no boards, ventilated seats which means leather, and the lighting pkg. I got 3k plus off last time so we will see. Any thoughts please chime in.

Happy long weekend everybody!!!
Old 05-21-2012, 09:13 AM

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
2017 CLS550
I agree, the running boards are useless. I did not like them when I test drove the ML, however, I am stuck with them in the vehicle that is coming because I wanted a 2012 with Lighting package and P02 package. I wanted diamond white with almond/beige interior and all that is hard to find right now. So in order to get these exact features I had to accept the running boards and although I would not order them on a specific build, I can at least live with them (it should be in by the end of May).

As far as trading in so soon is concerned, I have to think you will get killed on the depreciation, maybe eating about $7,000 or more is my guess. I don't know that for a fact but since you do a lot of traveling you will have many more miles on the ML in the four or five months it may take for you to get the 2013. I don't know what you can work out with your dealer but my initial reaction is "Ooch!".

From what I've heard, the vent seats are not cooled by the air conditioner, they only recirculate cabin air. I have also heard they do not blow air out but sort of suck it in. I don't understand it but that is what I've heard. You should get a demo from the dealer by sitting in a vented seat car and see what you think. After spending big bucks for that and the required leather seat option, not to mention the hit on the depreciation, you may find the "cooling" you receive is not worth the price. Perhaps someone here who actually has this option can chime in with their thoughts.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 ML550: Paladium Silver, Brown Satin Ash
Originally Posted by orenlasko
Got my 2012 6 weeks ago. Tenorite grey with prem pano pkg, sport pkg, hitch & running boards.

Absolutely love this sexy beast! We do a lot of traveling and within the first week we took it to DC.

My issues with the car are twofold. 1. No ventilated seats. This is a must have as I have them on my ram diesel and they keep my back from getting soaked. 2. These $&@" running boards make me perform a dismount manoever every time I get out of the car. I can only imagine how bad it's going to be when they are crusted with salt and snow in the winter. I tried to re & re them with rockers but the cost is stupid - near $2,500!!!!!

Anyways I approached my SA and discussed the possibility of ordering a 2013. Any thoughts on what mine would be worth? It's only got 4200km on it.

I figure it should be worth somewhere in between 55-60k. Maybe more.

I do want the same vehicle I have now, but I want no boards, ventilated seats which means leather, and the lighting pkg. I got 3k plus off last time so we will see. Any thoughts please chime in.

Happy long weekend everybody!!!
I'm ordering an MY13 ML550 and for some dumb reason that I cannot fathom the running board come standard for this year. I asked if I could order it without them, and the dealership said it was not possible. They said they could swap in the standard twist bars after the car arrives. I don't know what it will cost me yet, as I'm just now trying to negotiate a price.

But since they do a lot of aftermarket mods, like adding different running boards and larger tires to showroom MLs, I am hoping they will have a few of the standard twist bars laying around so they don't have to special order it.

The challenge will be to find the standard for the ML550, which I think is the same as on the ML63. The ML350 don't have the same fully painted twist bar, but instead ones with the the bottom made of with black plastic that matches the bottom of its back and front bumpers. Since there are more ML350s around, it should be easier to find the standard bar that was taken off when someone wanted to add the running boards at the dealership.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:42 PM

2019 E63s
Yup. Got it.

Originally Posted by shortspark
I agree, the running boards are useless. I did not like them when I test drove the ML, however, I am stuck with them in the vehicle that is coming because I wanted a 2012 with Lighting package and P02 package. I wanted diamond white with almond/beige interior and all that is hard to find right now. So in order to get these exact features I had to accept the running boards and although I would not order them on a specific build, I can at least live with them (it should be in by the end of May).

As far as trading in so soon is concerned, I have to think you will get killed on the depreciation, maybe eating about $7,000 or more is my guess. I don't know that for a fact but since you do a lot of traveling you will have many more miles on the ML in the four or five months it may take for you to get the 2013. I don't know what you can work out with your dealer but my initial reaction is "Ooch!".

From what I've heard, the vent seats are not cooled by the air conditioner, they only recirculate cabin air. I have also heard they do not blow air out but sort of suck it in. I don't understand it but that is what I've heard. You should get a demo from the dealer by sitting in a vented seat car and see what you think. After spending big bucks for that and the required leather seat option, not to mention the hit on the depreciation, you may find the "cooling" you receive is not worth the price. Perhaps someone here who actually has this option can chime in with their thoughts.
As I said. I've got ventilated seats in my ram, and those seats suck. Literally. That's what they do. There are fans in the seats that suck the air out an it's quite amazing. Keeps me very comfortable on a hot day. I actually can't live without them now. Kinda a must have. I tried the ones in a e63 in the showroom the other day and I think they are the same. N
Old 05-21-2012, 11:33 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
X350d GLE500e 2017, ML350 BlueTec 2012(sold), A200 2013, ML350CDI 2009(sold), Aston Martin DB7 2003
I'm ordering an MY13 ML550 and for some dumb reason that I cannot fathom the running board come standard for this year.
I'm in the same boat with my ML350BT.
Does anyone know what bolt holts would be visible if I removed the boards and tossed them?
Would there be some unobtrusive item I could utilise to cover any bolt holes?
Old 05-22-2012, 09:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
MY17 E43 Matte Selenite/Macchiato Beige, MY16 GLE350d Tenorite/Crystal Grey, MY17 B250
Originally Posted by orenlasko
As I said. I've got ventilated seats in my ram, and those seats suck. Literally. That's what they do. There are fans in the seats that suck the air out an it's quite amazing. Keeps me very comfortable on a hot day. I actually can't live without them now. Kinda a must have. I tried the ones in a e63 in the showroom the other day and I think they are the same. N
We have a 2012 Ram, 2012 E350 Sedan and 2012 ML350 - all with climate comfort seats. The Ram is by far the most powerful of the three in terms of airflow. While I love them on the ML, you should expect that they're less intense.

Did you lease the truck? If so, you might do better unloading on LeaseBusters or similar.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:58 PM

2019 E63s
No leasing for me.

I bought this truck outright. So no problems there. I avoid lease busters like the plague.

Cheers b