M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

Trying to Confirm ??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 05:05 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
ML 350
Question Trying to Confirm ??

Hi, awaiting delivery of 2013 ML350 Have Vin # and told car was produced 7/12/12. I asked dealer several questions before production changes were closed. Specifically;
- P1 pkg would include Ambient Lighting and Lighted door sills (was told definitely Ambient lighting, unsure on lighted door sills).
- Rear Seat Entertainment Pre Wire, I needed the passenger seat memory and 4 way lumbar adjustments (was assured it was still included in the pkg).

Lately, I have seen info which indicates that basically all the info I was told by SA is wrong. Don't want to assume anything, but it seems the info on this sight is more accurate than the dealers??

Can anyone confirm either issue above (other than the fact that this site has better info than the dealers, sarcasm intended).
Old 07-21-2012, 10:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2020 GLE 450
You might be OK being your car was a July build. Mine is an August build and the Ambient Lighting is a separate item (code 876) and the passenger seat memory/lumbar is also now separate (code 242). M-B has been playing musical options for many months blaming the supply chain. For example first the lighting package was not available for several months then it was the pano roof and the active curve system, now it is the multicontour seats. Everything pushes the build back farther and farther. I placed my order last December but the build kept getting pushed back because of "lack of parts". I realize M-B works off of the "just in time" inventory program which does help to keep the cost down but it does cause frustration. Also, as you pointed out, I too have found things on this site before my SA did. Your SA should be able to give you a line item list of your packages/options. Good luck!!
Old 07-23-2012, 10:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 ML BLUETEC JULY 31
Yes he can and u should see the 876 code in the premium section as separate item. Or on its own. But if u get it u should see it