M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

options and packages on 2013 ML350

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 07:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML 320
options and packages on 2013 ML350

I just found out in late July that the prices are in and I can order 2013 ML350. Others say they have ordered since early June and have Sept build dates with options my dealer says are not currently available. Dealer tells me that options offered come and go, if you wait for an option to come online, you might loose options already chosen, and some builds simply have various options removed without prior notice.
Specifically, I want to add active curve, MB tex wrapped dash, and 20" wheels and am told all are currently not available for the Sept build.
Did I miss out on these by ordering in late July? Has anyone heard that these options are in fact still available for Sept. build?
Old 08-03-2012, 07:51 PM

05 Acura TL
Red face

Originally Posted by HS44
I just found out in late July that the prices are in and I can order 2013 ML350. Others say they have ordered since early June and have Sept build dates with options my dealer says are not currently available. Dealer tells me that options offered come and go, if you wait for an option to come online, you might loose options already chosen, and some builds simply have various options removed without prior notice.
Specifically, I want to add active curve, MB tex wrapped dash, and 20" wheels and am told all are currently not available for the Sept build.
Did I miss out on these by ordering in late July? Has anyone heard that these options are in fact still available for Sept. build?
I have placed an 2013 ML350 order a week ago, and tried changing the order to have 20 inch wheels yesterday. But SA comes back this morning and said, there is something going on with MB. So if you select 20inch, vehicle delivery will be delayed till Dec/Jan. Then I agreed to go ahead with 19 inch.
Old 08-04-2012, 11:15 AM

2013 ML BLUETEC JULY 31
Demand simply bigger then supply chain. Many options new for 12/13 many want them. Seasonal shutdowns for vacation etc and a new way of business for supplier with economy as it is. They won't make on speculation so supply slim at times.
Old 08-05-2012, 02:50 AM

2013 ML BLUETEC JULY 31
"Fact" LOL when its a negative comment from SA believe them hahaha
Old 08-06-2012, 12:23 PM

ML 320
Originally Posted by dougiebear
Demand simply bigger then supply chain. Many options new for 12/13 many want them. Seasonal shutdowns for vacation etc and a new way of business for supplier with economy as it is. They won't make on speculation so supply slim at times.
I think you have it right. I actually started my order in June of 2011 for the 2012. There were so many delays, I switched to the '13. They actually built a car but took out major options I ordered, so I refused the car. I guess I should be happy to get what I ordered and forget about the questionable items. My current 1999 ML320 is falling apart since I didn't bother with repairs because I was supposed to get the '12 last Aug.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:28 PM

ML 320
Originally Posted by Satish
I have placed an 2013 ML350 order a week ago, and tried changing the order to have 20 inch wheels yesterday. But SA comes back this morning and said, there is something going on with MB. So if you select 20inch, vehicle delivery will be delayed till Dec/Jan. Then I agreed to go ahead with 19 inch.
I did the same thing, especially with no guarantee it will even be available then and with the other options. I really wanted the active curve though. Very disappointed.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:18 PM

2013 ML BLUETEC JULY 31
I think you have it right. I actually started my order in June of 2011 for the 2012. There were so many delays, I switched to the '13. They actually built a car but took out major options I ordered, so I refused the car. I guess I should be happy to get what I ordered and forget about the questionable items. My current 1999 ML320 is falling apart since I didn't bother with repairs because I was supposed to get the '12 last Aug.
TOO FUNNY beat ya by a month. When mine would be ready the panorama roof was not available and only discounting $300 so I let them give it to a customer that didn't care about roof. Looking forward to Sept :-)
Old 08-06-2012, 02:33 PM

ML 350 Bluetech 2013 Loving it!
I was surprised to her that they offer you some thing you have not ordered or removed certain items from your request !! Can they do this , I have certain specifications and expect them all to be honoured .
When will I find out that they have taken some things out ?
Do they ask you and agree before delivery or do you get to know when the car comes?
Old 08-06-2012, 02:40 PM

2013 ML BLUETEC JULY 31
I think our friend misspoke what he meant. Your build was frozen early june (mine jn6)so what U ordered should be there for u perhaps delayed a day or two in build but it should be there. The dealer can give u a line by line summary of everything in ur ML build. Even what is std in your country as it may be optional or not available here. Any day for urs right?
Old 08-06-2012, 03:13 PM

ML 320
I think our friend misspoke what he meant. Your build was frozen early june (mine jn6)so what U ordered should be there for u perhaps delayed a day or two in build but it should be there. The dealer can give u a line by line summary of everything in ur ML build. Even what is std in your country as it may be optional or not available here. Any day for urs right?
Actually, the dealer told me they had ordered 12 X $130K cars amd all came in without keyless-go, even though it was ordered and on the summary sheet. It was not announced in advance. My 2012 that the dealer originally ordered by mistake, was built but without several major options-no advance notice. I refused the car, and they sold it to someone else. This time, we are trying to make sure what I selected in the computer is on the summary and is confrmed as the actual build. However, they have cautioned me that changes can still be made without any notice. Mine is a very heavy build and if I reject it, it might not be easily sold. The dealer and I are both very frustrated by all of this. Really surprising for MB. If I bought a KIA, I would have 10K miles on it already; but the Benz is a touch better. duh!
Old 08-06-2012, 03:19 PM

ML 320
Originally Posted by emran
I was surprised to her that they offer you some thing you have not ordered or removed certain items from your request !! Can they do this , I have certain specifications and expect them all to be honoured .
When will I find out that they have taken some things out ?
Do they ask you and agree before delivery or do you get to know when the car comes?
They can do it and have. The dealer told me that despite confirming the original build, it was changed and they learned it when the car was delivered. Unbelievable! Plus some things get added and some taken away over time, and you don't know the final product until it is delivered. On one build, the dealer asked why it was not built as requested and the answer was: you chose too many options!
Old 08-06-2012, 03:28 PM

2013 ML BLUETEC JULY 31
Your profile don't say where ur from but each country sets it own STD. For me I think ur dealer is all but bold face lying to you. Unless they didn't actually assign the build to you deposit and all. If you were just taking a wait and see what gets here(no commitment) picking from dealer list then things change. Its either accept what changes cause delay or wait. Seems we 3 and others waited.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:40 PM

2013 ML BLUETEC JULY 31
We get weekly updates as to what is available and what is not. It is for orders placed from that time on. Give or take a week. I knew in feb that my mL would have a small sunroof for late march/april delivery but with Pana it would be late may/june. In May on my 13 multicontour would delay till oct build(per guide)but then delayed indefinitely for 350s. In canada its part of prem pkg for 550 so they got priority. All is in the open accept minor crap but pretty much all is held to order or delayed. Many dealers/SA don't read the guides or updates they jusT sell and BS based on last year info
Old 08-06-2012, 04:39 PM

ML 320
We get weekly updates as to what is available and what is not. It is for orders placed from that time on. Give or take a week. I knew in feb that my mL would have a small sunroof for late march/april delivery but with Pana it would be late may/june. In May on my 13 multicontour would delay till oct build(per guide)but then delayed indefinitely for 350s. In canada its part of prem pkg for 550 so they got priority. All is in the open accept minor crap but pretty much all is held to order or delayed. Many dealers/SA don't read the guides or updates they jusT sell and BS based on last year info
The order for my '12 and '13 were each unquestionably definate orders, as I offered any amount deposit they wanted. My salesman knows me for 13 years. He actually lets me enter the order on Netstar and review it. I do the reaearch and provide them with the dealer guide info and code numbers for the options. This is a done deal; he knows my car and knows from service that we are holding back to get the new car. We are desperate for the vehicle at this point. We are building a $73K car, and he is working hard for that commission. Plus, I use them exclusively for service, so it is a big profit for them. I had him specifically work with the person who liases with their contact at MB, and they were told directly of these problems, changes and uncertainties. There are calendar recaps from MB showing options and dates available, and they are changing and swapping options all over the place. I personally spoke with the corporate offices a multitude of times in the US and they admit ther are extensive problems and uncertainties.
I also threatened to go elsewhere, as I was hearing that other dealers were getting orders filled on various options. But it turns out that they confirm the summary sheet for the order, but the build and then the delivered product are not necessarily the same thing.
One thing he pointed out is that US sales are only 19% of the total, so other regions get priorities on some of these features. I notice that, for example, in India the car came out long before it came out here. And the '12s had more options in Europe than they ever had here.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:45 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
R350
If you are gonna go with new wheels just call us! We'll take care of your wheel needs.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:28 PM

2013 ML BLUETEC JULY 31
The order for my '12 and '13 were each unquestionably definate orders, as I offered any amount deposit they wanted. My salesman knows me for 13 years. He actually lets me enter the order on Netstar and review it. I do the reaearch and provide them with the dealer guide info and code numbers for the options. This is a done deal; he knows my car and knows from service that we are holding back to get the new car. We are desperate for the vehicle at this point. We are building a $73K car, and he is working hard for that commission. Plus, I use them exclusively for service, so it is a big profit for them. I had him specifically work with the person who liases with their contact at MB, and they were told directly of these problems, changes and uncertainties. There are calendar recaps from MB showing options and dates available, and they are changing and swapping options all over the place. I personally spoke with the corporate offices a multitude of times in the US and they admit ther are extensive problems and uncertainties.
I also threatened to go elsewhere, as I was hearing that other dealers were getting orders filled on various options. But it turns out that they confirm the summary sheet for the order, but the build and then the delivered product are not necessarily the same thing.
One thing he pointed out is that US sales are only 19% of the total, so other regions get priorities on some of these features. I notice that, for example, in India the car came out long before it came out here. And the '12s had more options in Europe than they ever had here.
True enough eh :o) I think some on here think US is 81% but others just great people I would love to sit and have a drink with after a drive with our new rides. Glad u have a good relationship with dealer. Up here we don't seem to have as many problems buT we don't have as many choices near everything is std or Pkged
Wish u and our Aussi friend the best with build and delivery and long driving
Old 08-06-2012, 10:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,186 Likes on 853 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
Wheels

Originally Posted by D2FORGED
If you are gonna go with new wheels just call us! We'll take care of your wheel needs.
Photos of any MLs with your wheels? What styles/sizes/offsets are appropriate?