M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

Lemon Law

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 06:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 ML 350 BlueTec
Lemon Law

Has anyone used the lemon law for their ML yet?
Old 08-18-2012, 07:19 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Lemon laws vary with states. You need to be more specific. What, when, where, how, etc.
Old 08-18-2012, 07:29 PM

2013 ML350 Bluetec
What problems are you having with your ML?
Old 08-18-2012, 08:54 PM

ML 350 Bluetech 2013 Loving it!
For Informaion who like me are not aware of Lemon Law

Lemon law
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Lemon laws are American state laws that provide a remedy for purchasers of cars in order to compensate for cars that repeatedly fail to meet standards of quality and performance. These vehicles are called lemons. The federal lemon law (the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act) protects citizens of all states. State lemon laws vary by state and may not necessarily cover used or leased cars. The rights afforded to consumers by lemon laws may exceed the warranties expressed in purchase contracts. Lemon law is the common nickname for these laws, but each state has different names for the laws and acts.
Federal lemon laws cover anything mechanical. The federal lemon law also provides that the warranter may be obligated to pay the prevailing party's attorney in a successful lemon law suit, as do most state lemon laws.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:07 PM

2012 ML 350 BlueTec
My ML has a vibration at 45 that they can't seem to fix. I understand it doesn't happen to every ML so I'm looking for them to exchange mine for one that doesn't vibrate.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:59 PM

2013 ML350
As long as I know, if you want to use the lemon law, your problem must be critical and it only can be applied for "safety" or "operations". Also, this must happen more than three times with the same problem. This means that if you have something like, "well, I have some noise from the dashborad while driving." -> this can't be used for the lemon law, because it's not the critical and operation problems and it also depens on users.. Some people might be okay with it but some are very picky. Howerver, if you have the problem like, "My break is not working and they tried to fix, but couldn't." This kind of problems... Yes. You can use the lemon law. You can get the full refund if this happens more than three times.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:03 PM

2012 ML 350 BlueTec
Here is the Florida law.

The Lemon Law covers defects or conditions that substantially impair the use, value or safety of a new or demonstrator vehicle (these are called "nonconformities"). These defects must be first reported to the manufacturer or its authorized service agent (usually, this is the dealer) during the "Lemon Law Rights Period," which is the first 24 months after the date of delivery of the motor vehicle to the consumer. If the manufacturer fails to conform the vehicle to the warranty after a reasonable number of attempts to repair these defects, the law requires the manufacturer to buy back the defective vehicle and give the consumer a purchase price refund or a replacement vehicle. The law does not cover defects that result from accident, neglect, abuse, modification or alteration by persons other than the manufacturer or its authorized service agent. DO NOT DELAY in reporting a problem as this may cost valuable time and protection.

As you can see Florida is more liberal with what they consider a lemon.