M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

Does this make any sense to you?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2012 | 02:42 PM

BMW S1000RR
Does this make any sense to you?

Purchased the oil and filters at my MB dealer to change my own oil and after I was done checked the owners manual only to find that there was no information on how to reset the oil change reminder like all the other vehicles that I have owned.

So I went back to the dealer to get the information and they refused to provide it for me. Told me that MB does not give out that information.,

This just isn't right, what do you think?
Old 09-03-2012 | 03:12 PM

2017 CLS550
I would like to know this information too. It seems like I read it here somewhere before. I can not believe the dealer would withhold that information in the first place; what do they care? I would tell him that if he does not give me step by step instructions on how to reset it it will be the last he will ever see me. I would make it clear that that information is not top secret by any means and that you will get it from some source, probably the internet. But if they make it difficult for you just tell them you are through with them. They should change their tune. When the time comes I have no problem whatsoever telling them that.

Incidentally, I am a long way from doing my first oil change (bought the ML350 end of May), however, I ordered the liquid/oil extractor and the filter ahead of time from Amazon. I don't know what the dealer charged you for that filter but I bet it was more than $13. Here is the one I ordered:Wix 57078. Wix makes great filters and this one is fleece like the Mann filters which most mechanics use on Mercedes vehicles.

I don't like dealerships. Unless it is a major warranty repair I won't go near one for any reason, not even for recalls unless it is truly safety related. My Honda Ridgeline has never seen the inside of a mechanic shop since I bought it over seven years ago, except once when they sent me a coupon for a free tire rotation. I figured even the "mechanics" at a dealership can't screw up a tire rotation. Do all your own work if you are physically able and your car will be better off for it and you will have extra change in your wallet for sure.
Old 09-03-2012 | 04:02 PM
Veteran: Army

2021 AMG GLE 53 Coupe, 2024 GLE 450e SUV
Found this on the internet

Turn the key to position 1, which is between off and key on. Make sure the door is closed and press the back arrow on the bottom of the steering wheel until it only shows the odometer in the instrument cluster. The reset will not work unless it says the mileage on the screen when you start this procedure. Push and hold the answer call button on the right side of the steering wheel and at about the same time, push and hold the ok button on the left side. Continue to hold until you enter the maintenance menu. Now scroll to due maintenance and confirm

Read more: How do I reset service A on Mercedes E350 cabriolet 2012? - JustAnswer http://www.justanswer.com/mercedes/6...#ixzz25RGVKtUF
Old 09-03-2012 | 07:40 PM

2012 ML 350 BlueTec
Does the car have to face north too? :-)
Old 09-04-2012 | 04:48 PM
Veteran: Army

2021 AMG GLE 53 Coupe, 2024 GLE 450e SUV
Originally Posted by katiesdad7
Does the car have to face north too? :-)
Yes, You must work for Mercedes.