So many problems with my 2012 ML350 Bluetec

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 02:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ml350 bluetech
Engine blew up

Originally Posted by jean7of9
Neversummer78: If you push hard enough you will get satisfaction. I have a neighbor who enjoyed his 2012 ML-63 for a total of 200 km only before his engine blew up. MB offered to replace it with a new AMG engine. He refused and insisted through his lawyers for a totally new car otherwise it will be a major media fiasco. MB replaced it with a 2013 ML-63. During the 4 months wait for the new car to arrive he enjoyed a 2012 SL-63 AMG as MB courtesy car. I have no details about on engine problem because he signed a non disclosure agreement.
Hi Jean,
I hope he didn't buy form Silverstar Mercedes! They are the worse in the business!
Old 04-19-2015, 04:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
I hate to see ordeals like this, but they seem to be growing and on multiple sites. The dealer and MBUSA should have gave those cars lemons, got replacement vehicles, and got the hell on with it without a fight. Anything less is bad business. MB used to be the brand of quality, service, and reliability, now with these experiences, my own with an R500 (car was a nightmare with less than 100K miles on it when sold), and many others, that image is toast. MB just seems to not even give a damn, I mean not single one. I gave them a very hot survey back on their roadside service as well. It seems though, the trucks have more issues than others, maybe my perception.

I see a lot of cheaply made parts, quality is questionable in several areas, and then when issues occur, MB treats customers like this? All I can say is, if I treated clients like this, I would not have any.
Old 05-12-2015, 01:46 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
formerly drove a 2010 ML350 BLUETEC, currently drive Mazda, Chevrolet, and Toyota
Status on any class action or remedies, please? I'm experiencing a Mercedes nightmare currently. My 2010 ML350 BLUETEC's engine just seized at 82K miles, all after regular dealer maintenance in Montana and after several major dealer repairs since 2010 (including AdBlue heater and oil cooler seal leak @ approx. 65K miles, leading to catastrophic engine failure last week). Mercedes says they'll do nothing to assist, so my attorney is sending them a Demand Letter tomorrow. I'm happy to join forces with others of you who are experiencing, or have experienced, similar issues with Mercedes!
Old 06-08-2015, 11:17 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
formerly drove a 2010 ML350 BLUETEC, currently drive Mazda, Chevrolet, and Toyota
Originally Posted by krd2023
Status on any class action or remedies, please? I'm experiencing a Mercedes nightmare currently. My 2010 ML350 BLUETEC's engine just seized at 82K miles, all after regular dealer maintenance in Montana and after several major dealer repairs since 2010 (including AdBlue heater and oil cooler seal leak @ approx. 65K miles, leading to catastrophic engine failure last week). Mercedes says they'll do nothing to assist, so my attorney is sending them a Demand Letter tomorrow. I'm happy to join forces with others of you who are experiencing, or have experienced, similar issues with Mercedes!
I've updated my file in my own thread, including a copy of a Demand Letter I sent to MBUSA on May 15th, 2015 to which I've received no response or assistance from MBUSA as of today, June 8th. Please see details here : https://mbworld.org/forums/diesel-fo...ne-seized.html
Old 11-22-2015, 07:28 PM

Volkswagon
bluetec losing power issues

hello like the man from Cal. who is having problems with his 2012 bluetec losing power, I have a 2014 ML350 bluetec that has the same problem, I took it to the dealer they put it on the tester and said the car is ok and asked me if I drove with one foot on the gas and one foot on the brake or if I was sure that the transmission was all the way in drive, then he told me he took it for a drive and said it ran perfect it was almost as if he thought I was having a senior moment. I explained to him that I have been an over the road trucker for the last 50 years and having driven 4 million miles I know if something is wrong, he said there was nothing they could do if it did not show up on the tester, so the only thing I got was a free car wash. I only have 7400 miles on the vehicle and its happened 4 times, and before I had this problem I bought my wife a new 2015 ML350 4trac if I had known this was going to happen I would have let her drive her 2002 E430 for a couple of more years. hope it clears up I don't want to go through what the other fellow had to do.

Last edited by Jackinmd; 11-22-2015 at 10:10 PM.
Old 06-14-2021, 11:39 PM

Ml350 Bluetec 2012
Long time

Originally Posted by Jackinmd
hello like the man from Cal. who is having problems with his 2012 bluetec losing power, I have a 2014 ML350 bluetec that has the same problem, I took it to the dealer they put it on the tester and said the car is ok and asked me if I drove with one foot on the gas and one foot on the brake or if I was sure that the transmission was all the way in drive, then he told me he took it for a drive and said it ran perfect it was almost as if he thought I was having a senior moment. I explained to him that I have been an over the road trucker for the last 50 years and having driven 4 million miles I know if something is wrong, he said there was nothing they could do if it did not show up on the tester, so the only thing I got was a free car wash. I only have 7400 miles on the vehicle and its happened 4 times, and before I had this problem I bought my wife a new 2015 ML350 4trac if I had known this was going to happen I would have let her drive her 2002 E430 for a couple of more years. hope it clears up I don't want to go through what the other fellow had to do.
same problem

Im having same issues, i know its 2021 but recently i buy this ml blutec 2012 that does the same on the video post here, any help will be appreciated