M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

Order in!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 01:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 ML550 - Brabus Kit, Brabus Springs, 22" Rotec (Black), 2015 X5 M-Sport, CF M-Performance Kit
Order in!

Hi - I've been lurking on this site for the past 2 months looking at reviews and options. First I would like to say thanks to all of you for your pictures and opinions which I found so helpful in the ordering process.

Here was our order:

- Ext: Diamond White Metallic, Pano Roof, Lighting Package, 20" Rims
- Int: Black MB-Tex, Satin Ash Wood Trim, MB-Tex Wrapped Dash, Black Headliner, Heated Steering Wheel, Passenger Memory Seats
- Premium 1 Package, Ambient Lighting, Heated Rear Seats, Harmon Kardon Sound System, Keyless Go, Pre-wiring for Rear Entertainment
- 4Matic, On/Off Road Package, Driver Assistance Package

$64,000. The only things missing are Parktronic (I live out in the country, so no need) and the rear entertainment system (I really agonized over IPAD docks vs rear entertainment so I decided to get it prewired and decide later).

Now the wait begins! Our sales person said that we were on the *PRIORITY* list - but reading this forum it looks like everyone is on that list - so I'll patiently wait like everyone else for exactly what I wanted!

Old 11-08-2012, 02:37 PM

2013 ML350 ,1996 Corvette CE, 2003 Toyota Highlander 4WD Limited
Welcome to the land of waiting, there's quite a few of us here. Sounds like a nice build, very similar to the one we ordered on Oct 16th and got a first decade January build. The only option we ordered that they couldn't provide was the MB Tex dash, some kind of shortage again , but we're still hoping they can clear that up before the build is frozen. I notice you didn't get the lighting package, everyone that has it says it's amazing, so we included it in our build.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:00 PM

2013 ML550 - Brabus Kit, Brabus Springs, 22" Rotec (Black), 2015 X5 M-Sport, CF M-Performance Kit
Actually we did get the lighting package. It's under "exterior" in my post.
Originally Posted by NCMike
Welcome to the land of waiting, there's quite a few of us here. Sounds like a nice build, very similar to the one we ordered on Oct 16th and got a first decade January build. The only option we ordered that they couldn't provide was the MB Tex dash, some kind of shortage again , but we're still hoping they can clear that up before the build is frozen. I notice you didn't get the lighting package, everyone that has it says it's amazing, so we included it in our build.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:06 PM

2013 ML350 ,1996 Corvette CE, 2003 Toyota Highlander 4WD Limited
Sorry I missed that, since you live out in the country I'm sure you'll like the lighting package. Please post when your order is allocated, and if the MB Tex dash is available for your build. I'm hoping the current lack of availability is cleared up by January for our build.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,168 Likes on 839 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
Originally Posted by rmreddy5
Hi - I've been lurking on this site for the past 2 months looking at reviews and options. First I would like to say thanks to all of you for your pictures and opinions which I found so helpful in the ordering process.

Here was our order:

- Int: Black MB-Tex, Satin Ash Wood Trim, MB-Tex Wrapped Dash, Black Headliner, Heated Steering Wheel, Passenger Memory Seats
- Premium 1 Package, Ambient Lighting, Heated Rear Seats, Harmon Kardon Sound System, Keyless Go, Pre-wiring for Rear Entertainment

$64,000. The only things missing are Parktronic (I live out in the country, so no need) and the rear entertainment system (I really agonized over IPAD docks vs rear entertainment so I decided to get it prewired and decide later).

Now the wait begins! Our sales person said that we were on the *PRIORITY* list - but reading this forum it looks like everyone is on that list - so I'll patiently wait like everyone else for exactly what I wanted!
Sounds good. You might consider the P95 Sports Interior with 601 Dinamica/MBTex Sport seats as a $0 option in lieu of the standard MBTex.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:47 AM

traded in '13 ML350 now '16 GLE 350
Greetings all...
Unlike you I started lurking and reading after putting in my order...
- Diamond White Almond Beige MB tex
- P1 package, lighting package, parktronic, heated steering wheel, ambient lighting, Harmon/kardon, 4matic
I was given a build date of 11/26 so I guess they converted a preordered ML.. after getting my confirmation I asked to add Keyless GO but dealer said no changes could be made. Does this sound right

Last edited by X5NoMor; 11-10-2012 at 11:24 AM. Reason: forgot option
Old 11-09-2012, 08:53 AM

No problem. :-) I'll keep all of you posted.
Originally Posted by NCMike
Sorry I missed that, since you live out in the country I'm sure you'll like the lighting package. Please post when your order is allocated, and if the MB Tex dash is available for your build. I'm hoping the current lack of availability is cleared up by January for our build.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:54 AM

Are there any side by side pics of regular mb tex and the one with dinamica?
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon
Sounds good. You might consider the P95 Sports Interior with 601 Dinamica/MBTex Sport seats as a $0 option in lieu of the standard MBTex.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:54 AM

Wow that's fast!
Originally Posted by X5NoMor
Greetings all...
Unlike you I started lurking and reading after putting in my order...
- Diamond White Almond Beige MB tex
- P1 package, lighting package, parktronic, heated steering wheel, ambient lighting, Harmon/kardon
I was given a build date of 11/26 so I guess they converted a preordered ML.. after getting my confirmation I asked to add Keyless GO but dealer said no changes could be made. Does this sound right
Old 11-15-2012, 12:19 AM

Hey Greg, I asked the dealer to add he sports interior- it's really a zero dollar option? That's really a no brainer after seeing how your ml turned out!
Old 11-15-2012, 12:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hey Greg, I asked the dealer to add he sports interior- it's really a zero dollar option? That's really a no brainer after seeing how your ml turned out!
It's $0 after paying the one- time Special Order fee, which it looks like you've already done.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:33 AM

2013 ML550: Paladium Silver, Brown Satin Ash
....... (I live out in the country, so no need) and the rear entertainment system (I really agonized over IPAD docks vs rear entertainment so I decided to get it prewired and decide later).

BTW: They say you should order at least the pre-wire regardless, since for the small amount it costs now helps much more later on with the resale value.

Not sure how true this is, but it makes sense.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:34 AM

I tried to see if md boy got his heated steering wheel after ordering this package. I don't see anything...do I have to give that up?
Old 11-15-2012, 01:59 AM

X5

Here was our order:

Is this selling price or MSRP?
Old 11-15-2012, 04:04 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'17 GLS500. Previously '14 C250, '13 ML500, '12 C250, '08 ML500, '07 E500 & '03 A160

Here was our order:

Sounds great, except for the colour seems it's almost the same as mine. I've ordered Iridium Silver due to the ease of keeping it clean. I'm guessing from that price you're talking about a ML350, not a 550. Wow, that's cheap though, we pay over $100K here for a 350, both petrol (gas for you guys) or diesel.

Just one thing ... why wouldn't you go for parktronic? I'm sure it's not an expensive option, and it will make a huge difference come resale time. Even it you live in the country it will still be a handy driving aid. It will only take one bump to upset your day and give you a repair bill and alot of inconvenience having to get it fixed ... just my opinion.

Happy motoring!
Old 11-15-2012, 06:27 PM

2012 ML 350 BlueTec
Gas or Diesel?
Old 11-15-2012, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by katiesdad7
Gas or Diesel?
Gas
Old 11-21-2012, 12:11 AM

Well - I added the Sport Package - it didn't remove the heated steering wheel so we will see. MD Boy ordered this last year and we never found out if it is available or not - so I guess we will find out through me! I'm capping myself on the options because I really don't see myself using Parktronic at all. I'm definitely getting the iPad docks put in, just to get a nice clean OEM look.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:53 PM

Just found out from my SA that delivery is estimated around February. He assures me that I have to wait to get what I want.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:35 AM

ml350 bluetec
I do not know what a priority list is! I ordered the bluetec on November 12 and it will be here on November 29. Is that a fluke? I can not rationalize why mine was so quick. Its really weird based on other peoples comments, and I did not pay a special order fee. The ML is arriving exactly as we ordered it. How does that happen?

Last edited by Kaasmann; 11-28-2012 at 12:40 AM.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,099 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
I believe your dealer either:

a) your dealer already had a ML350BT on order that was your specification
b) your dealer was able to swap one ML350BT that they had on order, not yet built, which didn't meet your specification for another dealers ML350BT that the other dealer had on order that does meet your specification

Keep the beat !
Old 12-05-2012, 10:25 PM

Update

UPDATE:
Call from the dealer and was told that our build was delayed until February. So the wife and I decided that if we are going to wait, let's get what we really wanted - ML550.
So we changed some things, the SA said that it wouldn't affect the wait time -

ML550
Diamond White Metallic
Black DINAMICA/MBTex
Anthracite Poplar Trim
P1 Package
Interior Sport Package
20" AMG Wheels
Upholstery Wrapped Dashboard
Black Headliner
Sports Seats Front
Sport Steering Wheel
Heated Steering Wheel
Lighting Package
Panoramic Sunroof
harmon/kardon surround
pre-wiring
Heated rear seats
Multi-color Ambient Lighting
Keyless-Go
Parktronic
Lane Assistance Package

- took out the Airmatic / Distronic based on some of the experiences in this forum.

Looking forward to getting this thing!!!
Old 12-06-2012, 12:04 AM

2013 ML550 Paladium Silver/Brown Satin Ash
UPDATE:
Call from the dealer and was told that our build was delayed until February. So the wife and I decided that if we are going to wait, let's get what we really wanted - ML550.

ML550
Diamond White Metallic
Black DINAMICA/MBTex
Anthracite Poplar Trim
P1 Package
Interior Sport Package
20" AMG Wheels
Black Headliner
Sports Seats Front
Sport Steering Wheel
Heated Steering Wheel
Lighting Package
Panoramic Sunroof
harmon/kardon surround
pre-wiring
Heated rear seats
Keyless-Go
Parktronic
Lane Assistance Package

- took out the Airmatic / Distronic based on some of the experiences in this forum.

An ML550 with 20 inch wheels but without Airmatic and Active Curve seems like a waste of performance potential. Adding the multi-contour seats woild also help... that is, unless you expect to be only traveling in a straight line at 40 mph.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Masterbuyer
An ML550 with 20 inch wheels but without Airmatic and Active Curve seems like a waste of performance potential. Adding the multi-contour seats woild also help... that is, unless you expect to be only traveling in a straight line at 40 mph.
I got Airmatic/Active Curve/Adaptive Damping/20s even though this is my wife's DD because when I drive, I want to Drive! It's a really nice handling package. The Sport seats seem to hold well enough.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:24 AM

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
2017 S550 Iridium / Black Nappa, 2015 GL 550 Paladium Silver
Sounds like a great package. What was sticker and final price for your order?

UPDATE:

ML550
Diamond White Metallic
Black DINAMICA/MBTex
Anthracite Poplar Trim
P1 Package
Interior Sport Package
20" AMG Wheels
Black Headliner
Sports Seats Front
Sport Steering Wheel
Heated Steering Wheel
Lighting Package
Panoramic Sunroof
harmon/kardon surround
pre-wiring
Heated rear seats
Keyless-Go
Parktronic
Lane Assistance Package

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Order in!