M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

2014 ML Ordering guide

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 07:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG
2014 ML Ordering guide

When will the dealers be able to order 2014 model year?
Also wondering if ML63 will get the power boost from the new MY14 E63 4Matic?
Looking at ordering one but want to get it fully loaded with Surround View (was not available on earlier MY models) and some other goodies.

Last edited by m0v30v3r; 12-31-2012 at 09:12 PM.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:36 PM

2013 ML550: Paladium Silver, Brown Satin Ash
Originally Posted by m0v30v3r
When will the dealers be able to order 2014 model year?
Also wondering if ML63 will get the power boost from the new MY14 E63 4Matic?
Looking at ordering one but want to get it fully loaded with Surround View (was not available on earlier MY models) and some other goodies.
If the past is any indicator, don't expect the MY13 ordering guide appear until April. But the memo of changes should be released to the dealers in March.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:56 PM

X5
Originally Posted by gplank
If the past is any indicator, don't expect the MY13 ordering guide appear until April. But the memo of changes should be released to the dealers in March.
Would MY14 be available to order in march-April time frame?
Old 01-17-2013, 01:10 PM

2013 ML550 Paladium Silver/Brown Satin Ash
Originally Posted by CraigL
Would MY14 be available to order in march-April time frame?
Yes, I would assume so.....

If I remember correctly, the MY13 order banks opened in Mid-April last year. Although pricing didn't come available until much later, like June.

So, to be first in line for an MY14, I'd negotiate a discount from MSRP (whatever that ends up as), like 10-11% off MSRP, or ask for $1,500 under invoice (plus whatever incentives are available), and then put in the order ASAP in April.

This way, you ML will be among the first rolling out of the factory come the first production run in June, and it could be in your driveway by the beginning of August.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,100 Likes on 806 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Now this is a real chuckle... "This way, you ML will be among the first rolling out of the factory come the first production run in June, and it could be in your driveway by the beginning of August."

First, 2013 production will run all the way thru till July 4 weekend - then "Summer Break" at the factory, then 2014 intial production will be held at VPC until dealer release date - that relase date won't be know until it happens - it is based on how many 2013 end-month vehicles end up being built - best "guesstimate" at this moment for 2014 dealer release date would be sometime beginning Sept.

10%-11% off (or $1500 under invoice) for 1st adopter MY2014... ending MY2013 inventory might be closer to that conjecture - on your 2014 conjecture package, might as well add free family tickets to Disneyland too !
Old 01-18-2013, 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by fabbrisd1
Now this is a real chuckle... "This way, you ML will be among the first rolling out of the factory come the first production run in June, and it could be in your driveway by the beginning of August."

First, 2013 production will run all the way thru till July 4 weekend - then "Summer Break" at the factory, then 2014 initial production will be held at VPC until dealer release date - that release date won't be know until it happens - it is based on how many 2013 end-month vehicles end up being built - best "guesstimate" at this moment for 2014 dealer release date would be sometime beginning Sept.

10%-11% off (or $1500 under invoice) for 1st adopter MY2014... ending MY2013 inventory might be closer to that conjecture - on your 2014 conjecture package, might as well add free family tickets to Disneyland too !
Thanks for chiming in, fabbrisd1. I'm sure you know more about this than anyone, especially with how thing may be different this year. I was just going off my recollection from last summer...which i admit might not be all that accurate. For sure, I should have said July for initial new year production, as that's what happened last summer, as what was reported by other board members back then (I just confirmed this by reviewing some old posts).

But I did recall this board member posting that his MY2013 was delivered around the beginning of Aug that he ordered in May, and found his posting:

https://mbworld.org/forums/new-m-cla...been-born.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/new-m-cla...ml#post5322865

Regarding 10%-11% off invoice... I should have preference that sort of deal is only likely if you live in SoCal. For other less competitive markets, like in Oregon, I've negotiated 7% off invoice, plus incentives at the time it comes in. Gave my credit card for a $1000 deposit to secure the deal, but they never ran it.

Last edited by Masterbuyer; 01-18-2013 at 12:46 AM.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:15 PM

X5

First, 2013 production will run all the way thru till July 4 weekend - then "Summer Break" at the factory, then 2014 intial production will be held at VPC until dealer release date - that relase date won't be know until it happens - it is based on how many 2013 end-month vehicles end up being built - best "guesstimate" at this moment for 2014 dealer release date would be sometime beginning Sept.

Originally Posted by Masterbuyer
Thanks for chiming in, fabbrisd1. I'm sure you know more about this than anyone, especially with how thing may be different this year. I was just going off my recollection from last summer...which i admit might not be all that accurate. For sure, I should have said July for initial new year production, as that's what happened last summer, as what was reported by other board members back then (I just confirmed this by reviewing some old posts).

But I did recall this board member posting that his MY2013 was delivered around the beginning of Aug that he ordered in May, and found his posting:

https://mbworld.org/forums/new-m-cla...been-born.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/new-m-cla...ml#post5322865

Regarding 10%-11% off invoice... I should have preference that sort of deal is only likely if you live in SoCal. For other less competitive markets, like in Oregon, I've negotiated 7% off invoice, plus incentives at the time it comes in. Gave my credit card for a $1000 deposit to secure the deal, but they never ran it.
Thanks Masterbuyer,

Are you sure 10-11% off invoice? Or it's off of MSRP.

Which dealer in Oregon you got 7% off invoice? I'm in Seattle and wouldn't mind getting car from Oregon with that discount.

Thanks
Old 01-19-2013, 03:05 PM
27T

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
13ML BT
Thanks Masterbuyer,

Are you sure 10-11% off invoice? Or it's off of MSRP.

Which dealer in Oregon you got 7% off invoice? I'm in Seattle and wouldn't mind getting car from Oregon with that discount.

Thanks
He meant off MSRP.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:13 PM

X5

Is there any issue with ordering 1st adopter MY2014 first of the production run? I'm in no hurry to order a car.

Initially I was going to order in March this year but then after seeing this post I can wait for MY14 order in April-May time frame.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:11 PM

Coming back to the topic of this thread, can anyone please post the 2014 Dealer Ordering Guide for m-class?

This would be a PDF. Since those PDF typically don't list all of the options, could someone post a print out of the online ordering guide that only dealers can see. Not the order system, but the list of standard features and options, and their associated prices.

Thanks!
Old 04-03-2013, 06:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A gaggle of MB's
I believe you are referring to the NetStat configuration screens for the 2014 ML (by model) which are 4 columns... those screens do include SPC/special options - but do not incl retail price which is calculated by NetStar after the config is selected/conflicts resolved for a specific configuration.

The config screen for the ML63 has been released - but not for the other 14 ML models.

Should be about 3rd/4th week this month.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:09 PM

I believe you are referring to the NetStat configuration screens for the 2014 ML (by model) which are 4 columns... those screens do include SPC/special options - but do not incl retail price which is calculated by NetStar after the config is selected/conflicts resolved for a specific configuration.

The config screen for the ML63 has been released - but not for the other 14 ML models.

Should be about 3rd/4th week this month.
Thx, Fabbrisd. The mbnetstar dealer ordering guides I have from last year include option pricing (which is what I meant). Also, it has the complete list of standard features. The only way to get them into PDF form is to print to a printer then scan them. Please see attached.

I know this is different from ordering bank in which you can build your order, determine any conflicts among options, and be notified of non-availability of options, and submit to obtain a P.O. Last year, those reportedly didn't open up for the next model year until April 15. So, I'd expect the same this year.

MB USA also made available for more easier distribution a PDF of what is being offered and any changes...although it list of options were not complete. The one from last year is also attached.

I'm looking the 2014 versions of these.
Attached Files

Last edited by Masterbuyer; 04-03-2013 at 08:15 PM.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A gaggle of MB's
The MY2014 Dealer Order Guide is in five sections - 6 if you include the Summary of Changes for MY14 from MY13 which I already posted for this forum.

Sorry pal MY14 is not one/integrated Dealer Order Guide like you "want like last year".

And like MY13 - the MY14 Dealer Guide does not include the SPC options - which you aptly noted were not included in MY13 Dealer Order Guide .

Sure I could consolidate the MY14 ML Dealer Order Guide - but until the config tool is opened the Order Guide is unconfirmed/maybe-possibly-price-may-change stuff.

The "bible" so to speak for ordering a MY14 ML is the config listing which has not been released yet - the config screen will have ALL options listed that are actually available to order - and when the tool is used to configure - THAT will give your correct MSRP pricing.

From my side it doesn't matter much to me what someone thinks they want to see - much less what format they "want" to see it in - it matters a lot to me that what I choose to post as a forum member is as accurate and complete information as best I can for the benefit of other members..
Old 04-04-2013, 04:00 PM

The MY2014 Dealer Order Guide is in five sections - 6 if you include the Summary of Changes for MY14 from MY13 which I already posted for this forum.

Sorry pal MY14 is not one/integrated Dealer Order Guide like you "want like last year".

And like MY13 - the MY14 Dealer Guide does not include the SPC options - which you aptly noted were not included in MY13 Dealer Order Guide .

Sure I could consolidate the MY14 ML Dealer Order Guide - but until the config tool is opened the Order Guide is unconfirmed/maybe-possibly-price-may-change stuff.

The "bible" so to speak for ordering a MY14 ML is the config listing which has not been released yet - the config screen will have ALL options listed that are actually available to order - and when the tool is used to configure - THAT will give your correct MSRP pricing.

From my side it doesn't matter much to me what someone thinks they want to see - much less what format they "want" to see it in - it matters a lot to me that what I choose to post as a forum member is as accurate and complete information as best I can for the benefit of other members..

Oh, Come'on, Fabbrisd, get off your high horse and please post everything you've got! I think you're the only one on this site that has easy access to mbnetstar.

These guides are a lot more useful than anything else when it comes to specing out an new ML, especially with MBUSA never listing on the public website and configurator all that's available, like ACTIVE CURVE.

You don't have to protect us...we're all big boys here and can understand it preliminary and can change. Heck, you know more than anyone that these thing change all the time anyway, and option availability is always up in the air, especially with newer or popular items.

I put in my order last year even before the MSRP pricing was set on the ML and certain options, just so I could be first in line. But without these guides, I would have been lost.

So, could you be a champ and please post these pages? We will all love you for it.

Otherwise, I suppose I could go bug my local MB SA like I did last year and post them myself.

Thanks!!!
Old 04-20-2013, 04:38 PM

X5
Originally Posted by Masterbuyer
Oh, Come'on, Fabbrisd, get off your high horse and please post everything you've got! I think you're the only one on this site that has easy access to mbnetstar.

These guides are a lot more useful than anything else when it comes to specing out an new ML, especially with MBUSA never listing on the public website and configurator all that's available, like ACTIVE CURVE.

You don't have to protect us...we're all big boys here and can understand it preliminary and can change. Heck, you know more than anyone that these thing change all the time anyway, and option availability is always up in the air, especially with newer or popular items.

I put in my order last year even before the MSRP pricing was set on the ML and certain options, just so I could be first in line. But without these guides, I would have been lost.

So, could you be a champ and please post these pages? We will all love you for it.

Otherwise, I suppose I could go bug my local MB SA like I did last year and post them myself.

Thanks!!!
+1
Old 04-20-2013, 05:04 PM

+1
Come'on,Fabbrisd...Please!!
Old 04-21-2013, 09:28 AM

ML320
I have heard conflicting reports on when the 4 cylinder diesel will replace the 6. Is it for 2014 or 2015?
Old 04-21-2013, 06:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A gaggle of MB's
It is a conflict right now - the 4 cylinder CDI engine, coming 1st in the GLK250 - is waffling thru Federal and as importantly CARB certification for the GLK - my understanding MB is waiting for the GLK approval before making final decision for MY14 ML's - even if they choose to keep ML350BT for this year - still you have Federal and CARB re-approval which will make '14 ML350BT delayed as compared to launch of the gassers late Aug/early Sept - if 14 ML350BT launch most likely will be mid-October - MB won't risk Holiday ML diesel sales if 250 CDI will take longer.

Direction forward will be to the 250 CDI for both E/ML - it's just a question of when.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:08 PM

ML320
Thanks for the info
Old 04-22-2013, 03:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A gaggle of MB's
At the moment it shows ML350BT - and order config is open, and some 2013 ML orders for June are being "converted over" in the system to 2014's for late August delivery -..
Old 04-22-2013, 06:49 PM

Ml350
Australia customer here. We ordered 2013 ml350BT early April. Estimated delivery day is mid Sep. If they converted us to 2014 model, are we going to pay more for the new model?

I suppose 2014 ml350BT still come with 6 cylinder with turbocharger, right?
Old 04-23-2013, 11:31 PM

So, no 2014 ML ordering guide yet? Nothing to print out from mbnetstar either?
Old 04-24-2013, 04:17 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
X350d GLE500e 2017, ML350 BlueTec 2012(sold), A200 2013, ML350CDI 2009(sold), Aston Martin DB7 2003
Originally Posted by Mingsh22
Australia customer here. We ordered 2013 ml350BT early April. Estimated delivery day is mid Sep. If they converted us to 2014 model, are we going to pay more for the new model?

I suppose 2014 ml350BT still come with 6 cylinder with turbocharger, right?
In March 2009, I ordered an ML320CDI for August delivery in Victoria, at a discount to my liking, with a signed contract.

In April the dealer advised there was a problem, "but do not worry."

It was June when he advised it would be the upgrade to ML350CDI but he had no details.

Got the car in September, extra airbag, 5kw more and a few other changes, but the price was unchanged.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:02 PM

2013 ML550: Paladium Silver, Brown Satin Ash
Why has this thread gone so off topic? It should only be about the 2014 ML Ordering guide. Has anyone seen one? Can u please upload it?
Old 04-25-2013, 09:04 AM

ML 350 Bluetec
The ordering information is in the dealer systems at this point. My parents special ordered a 2014 ML 550 two days ago. They had tried to order a 2013 (assuming it would arrive earlier) a week before, but the dealer could not access the system for ML builds at that time. Their build was specific, including the passenger side seat memory special order option, and they reviewed the options in detail with their salesperson. They even commented that there was an option not to include the badging (they were told that European models don't generally come with the '550' and other tailgate identifiers). The net is that the detail is available to dealers now, so hopefully we'll see a PDF of the ordering guide (or at least an extract of currently listed options) shortly.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2014 ML Ordering guide