M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

Got my 2013 ML350 -- now accessory time

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 07:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ml350
Got my 2013 ML350 -- now accessory time

I received my 2013 ML350 back in early December and am really loving the vehicle so far.

I am now looking to get some accessories - like custom fit rubber floor mats. Anyone have good suggestion for who makes the better ones for this vehicle? Weathertech? Husky?

Another thing I want is some kind of cargo area organizer. I was a bit sad to see the car did not come with anything. I need something to partition it so when I put only a few things they dont get tossed around alot (second weekend I bought two large glass honey jars and put them in the back ... they crashed into eachother and one broke!)

Finally I would really be interested in getting some sort of bumper protection, particularly for the rear corners. My old car got banged up bad there from morons who do not know how to park and scrape against my back corners as they get into or out of the parking spot next to me. Some sort of stainless bumper guard that wraps around the corner enough to protect them would be ideal.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions I would love to hear them!
Old 01-12-2013, 08:25 PM

2005 Honda S2000, 2013 ML350 BlueTEC
Mats

I don't have any experience with Husky, but I've had several Weathertech cargo lines for a number of vehicles over the years -- obviously I've been pleased with them! I believe they even make the OEM floor mats and cargo liner for MB.

I'm actually trying Cocomats for the passenger area of my new ML350BTC. I'm finding that with the black carpeting the grit, etc being tracked into the vehicle is very visible. From what I understand the Cocomats are good at trapping the grit in their weave as well as camouflaging it, plus with their rubber backing they will keep moisture from soaking through. My mats are supposed to be delivered in another week or two and I'll let folks know what I think of them after I've used them for a while.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:08 PM

2013 ML350 BTC
Originally Posted by vorius
I received my 2013 ML350 back in early December and am really loving the vehicle so far.

I am now looking to get some accessories - like custom fit rubber floor mats. Anyone have good suggestion for who makes the better ones for this vehicle? Weathertech? Husky?

Another thing I want is some kind of cargo area organizer. I was a bit sad to see the car did not come with anything. I need something to partition it so when I put only a few things they dont get tossed around alot (second weekend I bought two large glass honey jars and put them in the back ... they crashed into eachother and one broke!)

Finally I would really be interested in getting some sort of bumper protection, particularly for the rear corners. My old car got banged up bad there from morons who do not know how to park and scrape against my back corners as they get into or out of the parking spot next to me. Some sort of stainless bumper guard that wraps around the corner enough to protect them would be ideal.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions I would love to hear them!
I'm getting my ML350 BTC in February and have been looking at bumper guards as well. I believe there are only two types available for the 2013 ML350 that sorta protect your rear corners:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-13-2013-B...16f46e&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-13-2013-B...16f470&vxp=mtr

Both types are sold by the same company located in Queens, NY. I bought both front and rear bumper guards for my flooded 2010 Acura MDX from them.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2005 ML350, 2008 GL320, 2013 Gl350
Originally Posted by petermk
I'm getting my ML350 BTC in February and have been looking at bumper guards as well. I believe there are only two types available for the 2013 ML350 that sorta protect your rear corners:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-13-2013-B...16f46e&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-13-2013-B...16f470&vxp=mtr

Both types are sold by the same company located in Queens, NY. I bought both front and rear bumper guards for my flooded 2010 Acura MDX from them.
the first is allot better, the second looks like something I would put on a $500 1978 grand Cherokee
Old 01-13-2013, 10:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,168 Likes on 839 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
Originally Posted by vorius
Another thing I want is some kind of cargo area organizer. I was a bit sad to see the car did not come with anything.
You should have ordered the #942 Cargo Management System ($300) - can't be retrofitted, though.
Attached Files