M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

I really dislike my wife's 2013 ML

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2013, 02:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C63
Originally Posted by galion
My wifes's 2013 ML is in the shop for tha last 10 days, it has the infamous noise at start up, belt tensioner and oil return valve need to be replaced.
Horrible creaks from driver side door.
Loud rattle from tail gate.
Ambient lights from the back doors dont lit.
At only 2000km, steering wheel shakes while braking, warped rotors. what??!!

What a POS, I want her old Lexus SUV back!!
Ok I have my ML back, cold start ratlle noise is gone, got new rotorss under warranty. Drove it yesteday for 250km and i have to admit that I felt in love again, I love the smooth and comfortable ride, handling, sharp steering feel, and best of all NO noises, creaks and rattles under any driving conditions, my dealer did a good job, they are all gone for good,
Old 12-01-2013, 04:42 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Mercedes Evo II
Great to hear
Old 12-02-2013, 12:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
997 C4S; ML350
Originally Posted by galion
Ok I have my ML back, cold start ratlle noise is gone, got new rotorss under warranty. Drove it yesteday for 250km and i have to admit that I felt in love again, I love the smooth and comfortable ride, handling, sharp steering feel, and best of all NO noises, creaks and rattles under any driving conditions, my dealer did a good job, they are all gone for good,
Hi sounds like my car was made by the same drunken idiots at the factory.
My car developed the infamous noise on startup (amongst many other annoying issues). I also have a creak from the drivers front door. What was the cause of your creak? My car is in the shop so I might as well try to get that fixed as well.

I'm not even sure it's worth it since I test drove a Cayenne over the weekend and I'm about to get rid of this turd and go to a Porsche.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C63
Originally Posted by dk10438
Hi sounds like my car was made by the same drunken idiots at the factory.
My car developed the infamous noise on startup (amongst many other annoying issues). I also have a creak from the drivers front door. What was the cause of your creak? My car is in the shop so I might as well try to get that fixed as well.

I'm not even sure it's worth it since I test drove a Cayenne over the weekend and I'm about to get rid of this turd and go to a Porsche.
The door creak was solved by tightening the latch and replacing the whole door seal, It was a very annoying sound when the body flexed on a big bump or when braking hard.
Anyway the car is all good know and the wife is happy again.

For the record I just traded my 13' Cayenne GTS, got the new BMW X5 diesel with M Sport Package, fantastic car with impressive technology, interior design, fit and finish is tops and its much faster and fun to drive arround town than the GTS, The cayenne is getting old and I had some quality issues too.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
997 C4S; ML350
thanks
I'll have to take a video of mine making the creak. Sounds like I have the same problem as you. MB always claims that they cannot reproduce the problems that I am experiencing and won't fix any problems unless I provide a video.

I like the car (when it's not in the shop) but these issues are quite annoying and it seems like people are having similar issues. 1. rattle noise at start up, 2. tailgate strut failing, 3. annoying creak turning or going over speed bumps. To top it off, the service advisers are more rude than I'm used to. Maybe when this finally gets fixed, I might like the car again...