M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

Bad Front Passenger Seat Controller

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 10:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML63 AMG W166, CLK200K, ML320CDI
What you are describing sounds like an air leakage / problem with the pump, and not an interface problem (the multi contour seats are pneumatic). I've had multi contour seats for more than a decade in various models. While the interface changes (from manual toggle switches to electronic graphic interface), the actual mechanism is still more or less the same. If there is a problem with leaking air, they will deflate (inability to "memorise") and you will also hear a noise either because of the actual leakage or because of the pump trying to inflate them. If it cannot maintain pressure, it will cut out and the seat will remain deflated.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 SL63
I agree with the last poster. I had an SL500 that had a problem with the trunk latch mechanism. The seats worked fine until the latch mechanism failed over and over.

Turned out there was an air leak that was causing the seats to fail as well as the trunk latch.

It took the dealer about 3 months and several wasted attempts at replacing the latch.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 ML550 Paladium Silver/Brown Satin Ash
Update #7: While they apparent finally fixed the seat issue, turns out they screwed up the mBrace system so I cannot send address data to my ML navigation system using either the mBrace app on my iPhone nor via google maps on a PC web browser. I called an mBrace customer service rep and he confirmed that there were several items that were received by their system but did not go through to my navigation system in the car. He said someone would bet back with me the next day about the problem. That was Wednesday of last week...about a week ago. Meanwhile, I discovered that none of the three buttons above the rear view mirror to dial info, emergency, or roadside assistance work. So, that is probably linked to the problem. These all worked fine before I brought the vehicle in to get the seat fixed.