M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

mbrace / hotspot functions -- good?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 08:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML350
Question command internet data link -- good?

So I'm told that car internet connectivity will not work via iphone yet, so the stuff on-board that needs this won't work unless you buy a phone that is supported or perhaps a mobile hotspot (not clear on this point).

My question is: are the functions broken by that deficiency very useful and worth having? do you use them regularly? it isn't very clear to me what they are. Mercedes "apps", and google maps plus a browser was mentioned.

Using that stuff on a smaller screen with a rotary dial and no keyboard seems like it might be too clunky to be worth it. But I'm interested in what if anything is truly useful that needs that support..

Reading further it appears A-class has come out with a more modern interface that includes iphone data link from the start, and that command upgrades might be available next year. I'm just wondering for people with the data <--> command connectivity working use it regularly and if so for what.

Last edited by jellies; 01-30-2013 at 09:09 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 C205 C200 Coupe, 2016 Range Rover Sport, 2012 ML350BT AMG Sport (Sold)
Not sure about the functionality as like you I can't use in Australia yet. See below thread regarding potential timing of system upgrade.

https://mbworld.org/forums/new-m-cla...light=internet

If the system is anything like the one in my BMW, then to be honest I will rarely use it. However if its a free upgrade (which I understand it will be) then i wont say no.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:32 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
ML350 BT soon......pleeeease. GOT IT NOW....Wooooo
I run my iPad wirelessly from my htc phone using its hotspot function and hoped to do the same with mbrace, but it just says...."the connected phone is not supported".